Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
LLAAWWSSOONN
BWO 4 Life!
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
LLAAWWSSOONN is on a distinguished road
Default Can someone help me-want to listen at work

Like so many other work atmospheres, most great website have been banned, such as Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Radioio and even YouTube. I would love to listen at work but it has been blocked. I didn't know if anyone knew a way to back door this, so I can listen to BTLS and the rest while I'm here, hopefully through a website?
I tried using my phone but it doesn't pick up inside where I work. Actually it picks up very well for every app that I use here, except for Radioio. It will play for 60 seconds or less, then it goes away.....

LLAAWWSSOONN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried the bubba army redux app? It's programmed by a different person and might work better as an app.

There's also tuneinradio: http://tunein.com/

just search bubba1 or bubba2 and they have a bunch of streams. Tunein also has an app for Iphone I think.

If that doesn't work you could try a program like Itunes or VLC media player and copy in the actual URL for the stream. I find there's very little drops. (check our "Listening to Bubba" Thread for the links and a few more ways to listen)

There's a few more ways as well but I'd have to go back and find em if these don't work for you.

Hope this helps.

And welcome to Kingbubba btw

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
LLAAWWSSOONN
BWO 4 Life!
No Avatar

Thanks so much for everything. I tried the tunein here at work, and it didn't work. I guess that's what you get, trying to listen while working at a hospital.

I haven't tried the bubba army redux app. I don't pay for Radioio because it skips out too much for me on the drive. Is it worth it? I joined up with Sirius in the summer of 2004-long before Stern joined up and even before he made his announcement to join in 2006 but when I discovered BTLS, I was hooked...I cancelled my Sirius subscription about a year ago.

Actually following the url for Itunes or VLC-Im not really sure I follow ya on what to do there. We also can't download anything here....

Thanks for the help and thanks for the welcome!!!
============

have you tried the bubba army redux app? It's programmed by a different person and might work better as an app.

There's also tuneinradio: http://tunein.com/

just search bubba1 or bubba2 and they have a bunch of streams. Tunein also has an app for Iphone I think.

If that doesn't work you could try a program like Itunes or VLC media player and copy in the actual URL for the stream. I find there's very little drops. (check our "Listening to Bubba" Thread for the links and a few more ways to listen)

There's a few more ways as well but I'd have to go back and find em if these don't work for you.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
LLAAWWSSOONN
BWO 4 Life!
No Avatar

HA
I have been using the Redux app all along. I got a new phone in March and I downloaded the app and it looked different ( cause I had been using the official app prior ) and I didn't question it much. I just figured it was an update. Anyway, it doesn't work well for me at work or in the car.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

did you try the tune in radio app for your phone? (there is a free app and a premium app)

it just accesses the same streams as tunein.com but on your phone... I think it's a 23k stream so it's pretty low bandwidth and shouldn't cut out in spotty areas.

As for Itunes/VLC you have to download either prgram to your computer and then (in itunes) click advanced > Open url and enter ONE of these links:

http://iochiice11.radioio.com:8000/4001?EXT=.mp3
http://iochiice12.radioio.com:8000/4001?EXT=.mp3
http://iochiice13.radioio.com:8000/4001?EXT=.mp3
http://iochiice14.radioio.com:8000/4001?EXT=.mp3
http://iochiice15.radioio.com:8000/4001?EXT=.mp3

that will open the stream inside the program. Your firewall shouldn't block that since it's coming right from IO's servers (unless your work uses a "whitelist" for websites and only allows access to those sites - if that's the case I think you are boned for listening through your computer)

hope this helps - if not just holla back

COD
Old 07-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLAAWWSSOONN View Post
HA
I have been using the Redux app all along. I got a new phone in March and I downloaded the app and it looked different ( cause I had been using the official app prior ) and I didn't question it much. I just figured it was an update. Anyway, it doesn't work well for me at work or in the car.
I'd have to ask the programmer but I'm not sure if the app "down converts" the stream to a smaller kps. If it doesn't then it's probably streaming at 64k which would cut out a lot in spotty cell areas.

COD
Old 07-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
FishMuskys
Venison King!

vCash: 100000000
FishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to listen live but can't. I download everything at night during Spice's show and put it on a cheap mp3 player. I'm a day behind, but it's worth it just so I can pause it when distracted. Yes, the $10/month is money well spent! Welcome to the best site for talkin' everything Bubba...and beyond. Join us in a thread that runs "live", there is always one goin'. These guys are good people and will help out any way they can.
FishMuskys is offline   Reply With Quote