Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
pasqua
New Mark
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
pasqua is on a distinguished road
Default requesting a BTLS update...

Hi,

I haven't been able to listen to the Bubba show in a while. I have no clue what happened with 25 Cent. Could someone please explain it in detail?

Thanks!
pasqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

First off, welcome aboard.

Assuming you don't know this already, in April Spice left to do his own show at nights on The Bone, when they flipped to an all talk format. To bring someone else on air, as Brent was still out of the studio at the time, Bubba first added Tara to the on air crew, then 25. One day Bubba was busting 25 Cent's balls a bit about stepping on him while on air and not having his timing down, then there was piece of equipment Bubba asked about which led to Bubba asking what was wrong, 25 said something about how Bubba was throwing a bunch of shit at him while on air and he didn't know what to do, Bubba got pissed, said 25 was stepping on him, was new to being on air, that he was giving 25 a great opportunity etc., and 25 wouldn't back down. His last words on air were "fuck you, you got your way" and he walked out.

He later posted this on Facebook:
Quote:
Just wanted to stop through and say what's up and thank you for everyone's comments and concern (Good and Bad) about what's going on, I will not be returning to work at the Bubba Radio Network. I think it's time for me to move on but it has been a great experience for me. I am very appreciative of everyone I've met through the show and consider you my friend whether I am with the show or not. Thanks again for the #nigrostickuplove, Love you fuckers.
To put his walking out in context, Bubba gave both Tara and 25 a hard time when they were starting out. At one point it looked like Tara wouldn't come back. And Bubba threw a hissy fit over them busting his balls and making jokes at his expense and made it clear they weren't allowed to bust his balls being the new people on air. So it had been building for a while. To be honest, you could hear 25's frustration with things building for a while. He's currently out of radio but seems to be doing alright.

If there's anything major I missed anyone can feel free to add shit.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
1c

vCash: 15034102362677
1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute

No info to offer about the show, Looks like Chob did a fine job with his post.
Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Fuckin bullshit call. FUCK YOU REFS!
1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
pasqua
New Mark
No Avatar

thanks a lot guys.

this sucks, i loved 25.

is there audio/video of this available?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Ulfric Stormcloak
Jarl Of Windhelm

Ulfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasqua View Post
thanks a lot guys.

this sucks, i loved 25.

is there audio/video of this available?
Yea if you have a Io sub you can download it im not sure witch date but im sure we could find out pretty easily
Ulfric Stormcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sinister View Post
Yea if you have a Io sub you can download it im not sure witch date but im sure we could find out pretty easily
chob knows.. I just heard the clip the other night myself

Hey now and Welcome Pasqua

it might be up on youtube somewhere too.. not sure
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #7
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
cho knows.. I just heard the clip the other night myself

Hey now and Welcome Pasqua
Cho? Anyway, I just have the clip labeled as "25 Meltdown." Although I probably have the full Debriefing Show that was on. The stuff on the FM show is also good for putting it in context, as is the meltdown over Tara and 25's jokes but I'm not sure on the dates of any of it.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

what the hell you quoting?
Old 12-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
what the hell you quoting?
Caught you pre edit huh?
Old 12-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
Chob

It was the September 11th FM show and Debriefing.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
Caught you pre edit huh?
nope you're high
Old 12-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
It was the September 11th FM show and Debriefing.
damn I thought we were going to have to turn to lawnz for help on this one
Old 12-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #13
pasqua
New Mark
No Avatar

thanks guys, just 2 more questions if you don't mind...

1) I heard Brent is back in the studio. How did Bubba explain this change? And did Bubba ever explain why Brent was removed from the studio in the first place? I remember that happening after the Jack Daniels meltdown, but Bubba never really explained his reasoning.

2) They are in the new studio, right? How does Bubba afford that financially, considering the FM stations dropping him and the divorce? I just don't see how that all works, financially...
Old 12-28-2012, 01:35 AM   #14
Chob

Nah we don't mind.

1) Bubba has been vague about it and never addressed it directly. He has referred to Brent being off air as a punishment but it could be a joke.

After the Jack meltdown he probably figured it was best to let Brent cool off. Also there was a similar break from the air around the time Brent's marriage dissolved and Bubba was telling him to man up and fix it or get a divorce.

2) Yes they're in the new studio. I have no idea how he affords it but it was started a while ago so they were too far into it to bail on the project I imagine. He did say he got a good deal on stuff but it was probably still a huge investment. But if I have the timeline correct, the last FM station to drop him was that low power station in Detroit and he probably wasn't getting much from them. In fact they just went dark with no warning, Bubba was informed by a caller that he was off the air. I think the construction started after that but I may be wrong.

He recently said on the fan roundtable he is with Cox for three more years (same thing with IO) so he is obviously doing well in that regard, and he continues to bring in ad revenue, the amount of which Drew Garabo has alluded to being quite sizable on numerous occasions.

He's also teasing a possible Sirius XM return, now that certain people are leaving Sirius XM, and said one of the possibilities is "bringing the IO family" with him. Reading into that, Bubba One content could end up on satellite. Or it could just be the same deal as it was in 2009 and 2010. So things could be looking up for him in the coming year with a bit more cash flow coming in.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #15
pasqua
New Mark
No Avatar

thanks Chob!

About Brent's divorce, did he ever say what caused it?