Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > Sports

Notices

Sports Talk about everything athletic here. NFL, MLB, NHL, NASCAR (der der der), MMA, hell, even wrasslin if you're so inclined.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
BrickBanland
BWO 4 Life!

vCash: 5000000
BrickBanland will become famous soon enough
Default Andre Rison starts his owh Hall of Fame

Former NFL wide-out Andre Rison love himself.

Andre Rison Wants To Open The Andre Rison Hall Of Fame
Posted by Josh Alper on June 9, 2009, 1:16 p.m.
Andre Rison never was one for modesty during his 12-year NFL career, and his high opinion of himself hasn’t dimmed at all since retirement.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution caught up with him for an interview over the weekend, which we saw at Shutdown Corner, and they asked Rison about his football legacy. The answer did not disappoint.

“Best receiver to ever play the game. I can’t show my highlights because I don’t own NFL Films, but all my coaches in college, in high school, in junior college, they all told me I could be the best. But they must’ve lied because that title was already given to Jerry Rice. Just because you have stats doesn’t mean you’re the best. Can’t nobody tell me that Andre Reed isn’t better than Jerry Rice. I’m seeing cornerbacks on the 75th anniversary team that I used to demolish. But I’m coming out with my own hall of fame.”

It’s a safe bet that Andre Rison would select Andre Rison to give his induction speech.

Rison finished his career with 743 catches for 10,205 yards and 84 touchdowns. He ranks in the Top 30 all-time in each of those categories, but that doesn’t mean he should be in the Hall of Fame. Outside of a brilliant five year run for the Falcons from 1990-1994, though, he wasn’t often among the league’s best wideouts during his career, which also featured stops with the Colts, Browns, Packers, Jaguars, Chiefs and Raiders.

Rison also told the AJC that he’s written a book called “Wide Open.” He describes it as a “show-and-tell book” that calls “aces how they are.” He may also fall short of a Pulitzer, but that’s sure to be an entertaining read.
BrickBanland is offline   Reply With Quote