Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > Sports

Notices

Sports Talk about everything athletic here. NFL, MLB, NHL, NASCAR (der der der), MMA, hell, even wrasslin if you're so inclined.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
BrickBanland
BWO 4 Life!

vCash: 5000000
BrickBanland will become famous soon enough
Default Nate's Top College Player Position Breakdown

Start with the running backs.

1. Jahvid Best - Cal (Jr.) An explosive talent. Speed, receiving, a returner in teams, and can run between the tackles. A great electrifying player.
2. Jonathan Dwyer - Ga. Tech (Jr.) A downhill bruising back. Good lean. Also a huge receiving threat.
3. Kendall Hunter - Okl St. (Jr.) A short back but a slasher with receiving skills. Slashes with some wiggle.
4. Charles Scott - LSU (Sr.) A mauler / pile mover.
5. Evan Royster - Penn St. (Jr.) Does not possess great speed but has great vision, knows when and how to read blocks. Good receiver and pass blocker, very well balanced. Reminds me of Emmitt Smith, the college player.
6. Demarco Murray - Okl (Jr.) Okl. has a thunder and lightning duo. This cat is ligthning. Any defender fears this back in open space.
7. CJ Spiller - Clemson (Sr.) Explosive speed. Can catch, pass black and also adds value as a returner.
8. Legarrette Blount - Oregon (Sr.) Big power, bone-bruising back.
9. Jacquizz Rodgers - Oregon St. (So.) Maurice Jones 2.0. Saved his best game vs. USC (the nations top run defense). Had 186 yards against that great run defense in '08.
10. Chris Brown - Okl. (Sr.) Thunder in the Okl. offense, he is the slasher type of back.

Last edited by BrickBanland; 07-26-2009 at 07:15 PM.
BrickBanland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
DFender
Chaos = My Life = FML

DFender will become famous soon enough

Oh, fuck LSU lol. Sorry, I hadta say that. I was a compulsion. NC2A Tourettes.

(608): imagine a blue Jetta with an ILLINOIS license plate that read JISLORD..... upon pondering it for 10 minutes I came to the conclusion that J stood for JESUS and IF the license plate had enough room it would read "Jesus Is Lord"
www.textsfromlastnight.com
DFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
BrickBanland
BWO 4 Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFender View Post
Oh, fuck LSU lol. Sorry, I hadta say that. I was a compulsion. NC2A Tourettes.
Nick Saban is a turd too...lol
Old 07-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
DFender
Chaos = My Life = FML

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickTamland View Post
lololol... well... can't argue much with that

(608): imagine a blue Jetta with an ILLINOIS license plate that read JISLORD..... upon pondering it for 10 minutes I came to the conclusion that J stood for JESUS and IF the license plate had enough room it would read "Jesus Is Lord"
Old 07-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
Shag
Ellis is a Fag!

Shag will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickTamland View Post
Your a turd!!

Shag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
Shag
Ellis is a Fag!

What about quarterbacks? And why does it seem you always leave WV off all your lists?

Old 07-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
BrickBanland
BWO 4 Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shag View Post
What about quarterbacks? And why does it seem you always leave WV off all your lists?
I like Noel Devine but the kid is all speed, he isn't near Steve Slaton. Devine is 5'8 170, Slaton was 5'9 190 - 200. Slaton was a great back who could run between the tackles with a good lean combined with his speed, he could also run hard inside the 10 yard line. Devine is a different entity, faster than Slaton but arm tackled very easily and struggles in pass pro, only 4 TDs during 08, all on long runs cuz the kid can't slash his way inside the end-zone from the 10 yard line in.

Don't worry Shag, WVU has an offensive lineman who should crack this.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #8
BrickBanland
BWO 4 Life!

Quote:
Your a turd!!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
BrickBanland
BWO 4 Life!

Default Quarterbacks. (Top 6)

Gawd....Unfortunately for KingBubba.com this kid is ranked no.1 in my positional breakdown....I can't wait to hear the bragging...A great crop of QBs

1. Sam Bradford - Oklahomo. (Jr.) Can make every NFL throw, most NFL ready. Great accuracy. Mature in reading a defense. The only knock on Bradford will coherently be adjusting to a under center offense in the NFL.

2. Colt McCoy - Texas. (Sr.) Will use his running ability to buy himself time to throw the rock. Fits more of a intermediate to vertical passing game. Incredibly accurate in the short passing game....aka...Tom Brady.

3.Tim Tebow - Florida (Sr.) A proven winner. A QB who can win "the big game". Tim benefits more from a "gimmick" offense more than the first two QBs but I think he could translate into a fine NFL QB. His athletic ability and size could make him a Donavon McNabb clone. He will bring a running back presence into the QB position. As a matter in fact, I suspect a NFL team will use Tebow's production to correlate into a first down machine during short yardage situations. Got Wildcat?

4. Jevan Sneed - Ole Miss (Jr.) Strongest arm in this top group. Smart Player and led the Rebels to a victory over Florida in 08. Could work on his accuracy.

5. Tim Hiller - Western Michigan (Sr.) Great size and arm. Can make most NFL throws. Could follow other MAC players such as. Ben Roethlisberger, Chad Pennington,and Byron Leftwich.

6. Dan LeFevour - Central Michigan (Sr.) Another MAC QB who produces in a high powered offense. More athletic than Hiller but doesn't have his arm. However, can only read one side of the field but uses his athletic ability to buy himself time. Not afraid to tuck it and run.

Last edited by BrickBanland; 07-28-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #10
DFender
Chaos = My Life = FML

<------ iz happy

I actually agree with those picks, too... except I dunno about Hiller or LeFevour... I'd hafta go do some research

Old 07-28-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
Shag
Ellis is a Fag!

Not sure on Tebow, I read alot of articles saying he wouldn't make a good quarterback in the nfl but would probably be better as a TE. I thinks he's a good QB, and where do these experts get off saying someone who won two national championships and a heisman as a QB wouldn't make it as one in the NFL?

Old 07-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #12
BrickBanland
BWO 4 Life!

Quote:
Not sure on Tebow, I read alot of articles saying he wouldn't make a good quarterback in the nfl but would probably be better as a TE. I thinks he's a good QB, and where do these experts get off saying someone who won two national championships and a heisman as a QB wouldn't make it as one in the NFL?
Tebow has a weird delivery when he throws the ball but so did other past QBs. Decent arm, size, running ability will make him intriguing. Usually, most players have the physical ability but ultimately they need to become fixated on the mental aspect of the game.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
Shag
Ellis is a Fag!

I also agree on your last two QB'S Hiller and LeFevour, They were fun to watch last year and pretty much fly under the radar because of being in the MAC. But hey the best QB ever came from there, Big Ben!!! SAY IT!!

Old 07-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #14
DFender
Chaos = My Life = FML

Gah. Big Ben.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
Shag
Ellis is a Fag!