Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > Politics and News

Notices

Politics and News Rant about politicians, the media, or whatever pisses you off about the world today.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
kali
the tick under your skin

vCash: 5000000
kali has a spectacular aura aboutkali has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation US prosecutors shut down Megaupload

US prosecutors shut down Megaupload

Quote:
McLEAN, Va. — One of the world’s largest file-sharing sites was shut down Thursday, and its founder and several company executives were charged with violating piracy laws, federal prosecutors said.

An indictment accuses Megaupload.com of costing copyright holders more than $500 million in lost revenue from pirated films and other content. The indictment was unsealed one day after websites including Wikipedia and Craigslist shut down in protest of two congressional proposals intended to thwart online piracy.
oh, oh.....

kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

fuck these cunts from the motion picture and music industries (no offense to those that work in the industry - I guess I'm talking at the distributors actually)

I went to buy some DVD's the other day - CAN"T FIND THEM ANYWHERE...

I wanted to buy a season 3 dvd for someone - CAN"T FIND IT ANYWHERE

HOW CAN I BUY YOUR PRODUCTS YOU STUPID WASTES OF SHIT IF YOU DON"T KEEP THEM STOCKED IN THE STORES

the current season was 4 - I wanted season 3 - I went to 5 fucking stores - count em 5

and I couldn't find that dvd anywhere - and it was a popular show...

fuck them - they've been fighting piracy for 50 years and haven't won once. This is gonna be war

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

The real problem is that the movie and music industry shit the bed when it came down to their formatting choice.

A cd by default has the same encryption as the sega dreamcast - NONE. it's simply .wav format audio. When computing advanced the music industry HAD to have known it was going to screw up their deal... But instead of developing a way to distribute the products in a universal way to the consumer, they simply sat there and have still done 0.0 to fix THEIR mistake.

This applies to dvd format as well although they did at least take steps to encrypt their format. However even if you protect the sold copies... you can still walk into a theatre with a good HD camcorder and tape it....

People have been bootlegging since the dawn of time. Hell even if you stopped selling cd's and offering downloads and went back to records only - people would simply put their record on the USB turntable and rip it back onto the computer. BTW how much you wanna bet that the record industry has their hands in the companies that make those very turntables?

tl;dr - it's never going to end and I think it's a shame the industry isn't inventing a newer format and instead using the government to fight THEIR battle. They got themselves into this mess, they should get themselves out.

COD
Old 01-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Not to mention they really did it to themselves by simply overflowing the market on dvd's and overpricing them.

people were paying 89.99 a fucking SEASON for certain stuff and now you can get it at wallmart for 19.99? that really stuck with a lot of people I think and turned them off buying at all.

COD
Old 01-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
kali
the tick under your skin

+++
I have been looking for a film for YEARS!
still can't find it.
these idiots don't know when they HAVE a good product. morons

Old 01-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
Cjean
BWO 4 Life!
No Avatar

Cjean is on a distinguished road

To bad people are more worried about the internet censorship, than their rights being censored and stripped. Wouldn't even had SOPA on the floor had the NDAA not been passed. Gov gives a fuck about the copy rights. And they proved they did not need SOPA to enforce the law by raiding megaupload. Was like a big FUCK YOU. Dont trust google either their only concern is the entity in which is handed those powers.
Cjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
kali
the tick under your skin

How The Web Blackout Changed the Game on Online Piracy

some interesting points here. maybe the congress pissed some of their pants ???

Old 01-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post
How The Web Blackout Changed the Game on Online Piracy

some interesting points here. maybe the congress pissed some of their pants ???
according to one stat I saw - on jan 18th there were 80 members of congress FOR the SOPA bill.... on jan 19th there were 65 supporters and almost 100 members opposed.

I can't remember where I saw this though so I don't know how factual it is...

Seems to me like a lot of people are unhappy with the shutdown of megaupload.

It shows gross mis-use of power.

I thought about this a LOT yesterday and the main conclusion I'm drawing from all this is that america wants to be communist china...

Where else in the world do they censor the internet except china?

COD
Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
kali
the tick under your skin

I saw similar numbers about the switch.....If I find the link I'll post it here.

the corporations may want the US to be like china but I sure the hell don't. fuck that!

http://www.flixxy.com/the-day-the-lol-cats-died.htm