Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:41 PM   #31
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLawrence View Post
I have confirmation that yes, the show has been dropped from The Bone. I have been asked out of respect to withhold the name of the individual who told me this, so I'm going to respect that wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
No one was asking.
Not like it is secret info BMFL...jobber!

bless ur heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
nah milk's right.
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:54 AM   #32
Ravenlock
New Mark

vCash: 5000000
Ravenlock is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if Burke's podcast today that was supposed to reveal what went down on why he got fired was worth paying the ala carte price of listening to?

No real surprise the Bone let him go. His show sucked on it. And I like Burke normally. But not enough to pay to listen to him unless it is something particularly noteworthy.

--

Edit: I went ahead and bought a one-time weekly subscription and the 'inside iggy' that he mentioned on Twitter is that their was no 'inside iggy.' Shannon didn't want to 'bad mouth anyone' [his words], and really didn't get into anything. The most enlightening thing he said about the firing is that he can't go back into the Tampa Bay market for 6 months due to a non-compete agreement.

My verdict is it wasn't worth the $3.99 that I had to shell out and won't be doing it again.

Last edited by Ravenlock; 07-27-2015 at 07:48 PM. Reason: New information
Ravenlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:40 AM   #33
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenlock View Post
Does anyone know if Burke's podcast today that was supposed to reveal what went down on why he got fired was worth paying the ala carte price of listening to?

No real surprise the Bone let him go. His show sucked on it. And I like Burke normally. But not enough to pay to listen to him unless it is something particularly noteworthy.

--

Edit: I went ahead and bought a one-time weekly subscription and the 'inside iggy' that he mentioned on Twitter is that their was no 'inside iggy.' Shannon didn't want to 'bad mouth anyone' [his words], and really didn't get into anything. The most enlightening thing he said about the firing is that he can't go back into the Tampa Bay market for 6 months due to a non-compete agreement.

My verdict is it wasn't worth the $3.99 that I had to shell out and won't be doing it again.
Thanks for the heads up RL. Us here were gonna do a listening party. But after what you posted, I'm glad we didn't now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Cpt. Mcgillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:10 AM   #34
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

what about Rick

ATL
PissJug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:17 AM   #35
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissJug View Post
what about Rick
I believe he quit the show a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Cpt. Mcgillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:02 AM   #36
Ravenlock
New Mark

Shannon mentioned yesterday that Rick quit a week before "things went down" but that he [Rick] and Shifty might be coming every Wednesday to do a "free live show" on Tuneinradio in an effort to garner more subscriptions.

He [Shannon] was also pondering doing a Saturday "weekly news" podcast with SBK.

Since I paid for the week, I'll see if Shannon can pick up the pace beyond the poor presentation he gave already.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #37
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenlock View Post
Shannon mentioned yesterday that Rick quit a week before "things went down" but that he [Rick] and Shifty might be coming every Wednesday to do a "free live show" on Tuneinradio in an effort to garner more subscriptions.

He [Shannon] was also pondering doing a Saturday "weekly news" podcast with SBK.

Since I paid for the week, I'll see if Shannon can pick up the pace beyond the poor presentation he gave already.
Glad to see he took my advice about luring people in with a free product. I expect my 10 points on the backside.

That non compete clause is brutal so hopefully they're still paying the guy something.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:15 AM   #38
Ravenlock
New Mark

Shannon's second show was better than the first. He brought on 'one of his football buddies' to help him out. From what I remember, the guy's name is John Farley, and he was okay. They just shot the shit back and forth, discussing news stories. Certainly sounded better than when Shannon was just by himself broadcasting. Supposedly, the guy will be showing up weekly to assist. Or at least, that's Shannon's plan.

Still not something I'd [continue to pay] to listen to though once my week is up. I hope Shannon gets Sean Ras on. I enjoyed listening to their back-and-forth when it was over on I.O.

One thing I don't get is at the end of Shannon's podcast, he plays the rejoinder that he had when he was still on the Bone. Clearly the same announcer that says "The Shannon Burke Show." It even had '102.5 The Bone' at the very tail end before it got cut off.

Is that even legal? For Shannon to keep using it? I could see him - maybe - getting away with it if it just said [Shannon's name], but it didn't.

Just seems lazy and sloppy on his part. To not get it recut now that he is no longer employed with them.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:19 AM   #39
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Bummed that he got fired, but apparently Cox doesn't really know what it wants to do. Howard has always maintained you need a couple of years on the air before a show gets its legs. Cox doesn't allow for that and, for some odd reason, doesn't even do much to promote/sell anything outside of Calta. Spice never got a fair shake, and Shannon was on a super short leash from the get-go, resulting in him pairing up with SBK (who had his own Cox deal). Even with the great chemistry between Shannon and SBK, Cox failed to recognize they had something there they should help grow.

This is a real shame, because Shannon is a better broadcaster than all those jobbers on The Bone, including Calta.

With the ratings as they are, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more changes coming. Maybe not to entire shows, but to who is on those shows. Smaller on-air staff on Calta? Same with Drew? We'll see.

Quote:
lets get to jerkin some cocks
PeteFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 06:07 PM   #40
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteFromPA View Post
Bummed that he got fired, but apparently Cox doesn't really know what it wants to do. Howard has always maintained you need a couple of years on the air before a show gets its legs. Cox doesn't allow for that and, for some odd reason, doesn't even do much to promote/sell anything outside of Calta. Spice never got a fair shake, and Shannon was on a super short leash from the get-go, resulting in him pairing up with SBK (who had his own Cox deal). Even with the great chemistry between Shannon and SBK, Cox failed to recognize they had something there they should help grow.

This is a real shame, because Shannon is a better broadcaster than all those jobbers on The Bone, including Calta.

With the ratings as they are, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more changes coming. Maybe not to entire shows, but to who is on those shows. Smaller on-air staff on Calta? Same with Drew? We'll see.
So seems like you jumped off being a total Bubba mark and went full Bone superfan Bubba hater. that whole Bone situation sure seems to be collapsing as expected. Not as Bubba would have people believe..but just total suck all day on the air.

Quote:
nah milk's right.
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #41
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

bone will be playing music before 2016 - lock that shit in

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:38 PM   #42
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

putting on a show with one host having the most annoying yankee accent imaginable in a mostly southern market is not a way to get listeners

ATL
Old 08-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #43
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

as bad as bubba's show has become and as much of a piece of shit scumbag human being he is they should have just kept him and rode the dirt foot moron ratings out

ATL

Last edited by PissJug; 08-02-2015 at 04:53 PM. Reason: mean and full of butthurt but fuck it i'll leave it
Old 09-18-2015, 07:09 PM   #44
Ravenlock
New Mark

Got an email stating that Bubba will be on Shannon's podcast on Monday and that it will be 'an exclusive' to [Shannon's] show. And that one can only listen to it if they're 'a monthly subscriber.'

I say, no thank you, Shannon. All the talk does or will do is basically verify that Bubba wants you to come back somehow to his station once your non-compete expires, and I don't need to pay you more money to decipher that out.

Tags
102.5 The Bone, Shannon Burke, Shannon Burke Fired