Notices

The Kingdom General/Off-topic Forum/Tech & Gaming

Old 06-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

vCash: 5000000
stumpy is on a distinguished road
Default iPhone

New software for the iPhone gets released on Wednesday, June 17. New hardware will begin shipping on June 19. The new OS delivers some sought after features that many, including me, felt should have been part of the very first phone. Oh well, they're here now.

Here's a great walkthrough about the new software:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1uYVTk-_WE
stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

Bubba iPhone app...

So, I hear that the BRN is developing an iPhone app... right around the time Bubba says he may have to give in to this 'iphone thing'. Clearly an ulterior motive. My question is, if their web guys can't even manage content sent to Joomla, how in the world can they write a functioning app for a mobile device? WTF is this thing gonna do? I'm curious, but also not too optimistic of its functionality... any thoughts?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:58 AM   #3
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
Bubba iPhone app...

So, I hear that the BRN is developing an iPhone app... right around the time Bubba says he may have to give in to this 'iphone thing'. Clearly an ulterior motive. My question is, if their web guys can't even manage content sent to Joomla, how in the world can they write a functioning app for a mobile device? WTF is this thing gonna do? I'm curious, but also not too optimistic of its functionality... any thoughts?
I don't remember any on air reference to a Bubba app. And I think it would've come up in the Jackie interview. Are we sure people aren't referring to the Sirius app? Anyway, is it possible to listen to any of the live streams with the iPhone?
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:22 AM   #4
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
I don't remember any on air reference to a Bubba app. And I think it would've come up in the Jackie interview. Are we sure people aren't referring to the Sirius app? Anyway, is it possible to listen to any of the live streams with the iPhone?
You of all people (who mentally archive the show) should know they mentioned that! It was a few weeks ago... he said, "as a matter of fact we are working on a bubba iPhone app." My first thought was, what the hell would it do, second was, what numbskull has the ability to write the code, test it and successfully submit it to Apple? haha
Old 06-16-2009, 07:40 AM   #5
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
You of all people (who mentally archive the show) should know they mentioned that! It was a few weeks ago... he said, "as a matter of fact we are working on a bubba iPhone app." My first thought was, what the hell would it do, second was, what numbskull has the ability to write the code, test it and successfully submit it to Apple? haha
Oh ok, I figured it would be coming up more. The only app I'd be interested in (if I had an iPhone) would be one to stream the show live. Plus I don't have online access to Sirius anymore. That is until I cancel one of my radios and threaten to cancel the other.
And believe it or not, my memory of the show isn't that good a lot of the time. I have to differ to BL there.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

Sirius iPhone app is out.. but no H100 or 101.