Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #3451
Amigo

vCash: 8500003
Amigo has a spectacular aura aboutAmigo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
So he made the Twitch chat subs only huh? Must be a lot of "hate" from the non subscribing "trolls" I guess.

I have a question, I know Twitch is the shiny new object, but why is he putting so much credence into 900 or so people and for the most part ignoring the thousands of regular listeners?
Seems to me he's committed to trying some new approach. The Twitch effort is basically prototyping, with a big effort required and low short term returns. Clem's was like that too.

Bubbs is trying. He knows the old songbook will not produce a hit anymore...
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #3452
Amigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
... Bubba keeps saying, "once these cases are resolved, we will be back on top" how is that possible? He's gonna lose the Neilsen case (I think we all agree there for the most part) so how's that gonna help his radio career? Also when Calta, et al. all lose, once again, how does that help him? I'm drawing a complete bank here. Thanks in advance.
Well, if he loses the Nielsen case, I don't see a path back to "the top." He'll be tabbed as a cheater, and a clumsy one at that. I think he loses the case and will have to pay a judgment, which he will try to do. And then he'll limp along with a weak flagship broadcast reach situation. One which will not be capable of getting him back "on top." BTLS would prolly just fade away.

I did read an article posted by, I think, Butler, which raised the possibility that Nielsen's star witness had some potential credibility problems and might not show up. That, to me, means Nielsen is not a lock. If Bubbs manages to eke out a win....well, he will likely have more commercial viability. And he could market his show with more positivity.

With respect to the Hogan case, Bubbs is thinking that a successful Hogan suit against the defendants will weaken Cox in a scandalous case in the Tampa market. Simultaneously, Calta's culpability in a hefty judgment against Cox would result in Calta being damaged goods. To the point that he could no longer dominate the Tampa market. Calta might be hit with big judgement himself. He might even be sacked. The main thing, since BTLS CANNOT now beat Calta, would be that Calta's competitive potential is reduced and Bubbs could then market his show to a better FM platform.

I think this part of Bubba's thinking is logical. It may sound somewhat desperate but it seems very possible, given some of the revelations of defendants' behavior today.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:11 PM   #3453
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Amigo, that's exactly what I was looking for
My new thoughts...
Twitch, you're exactly right, honestly I'm surprised it has lasted this long. Still, it's not a long term deal I don't think. I also found it funny that Manson is now doing Cluster F on Facebook live. Interesting considering they have all the infrastructure set up for Twitch/IO, maybe it's a subtle F you to Bubba?
On Neilsen, again I don't think he wins, even with the potential witness not showing. They already have his testimony and evidence discovered during the depo. I think he loses and it bankrupts him and he's branded a pariah in radio. He may flounder around for a while, but once the weight of having to pay that giant judgment and no one touching him in radio I think he finally wraps it up. Also, didn't he already fully admit wrongdoing on tv?
Regarding Calta, yeah I can see him losing, costing CMG a fortune and being let go and also no longer being able to continue in radio. Interesting he would buy a one million dollar home right now with this potential life changing lawsuit looming. Some have speculated he bought it to shield it from legal judgment based on FL homestead laws, if so, very smart on his end. But ok, he's out of radio, I don't see how that helps Bubba for the reasons listed above. Bubba's case starts next month so by mid June/early July we should know his fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Cpt. Mcgillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:35 PM   #3454
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

I think the chance to be "back on top" died when talks with 98 Rock ceased to occur and he went with the Beasley folks and the vanity format. Mind you, I thought the format was cool, different and anything that breaks out of increasingly rigid radio formats is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

When the Beasley shitcanned that format and watered things down I knew that Bubba's WBRN days were numbered.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:30 AM   #3455
Ken Masters
Super Moderator

vCash: 5000000
Ken Masters is a jewel in the roughKen Masters is a jewel in the roughKen Masters is a jewel in the roughKen Masters is a jewel in the rough

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/04/hulk-h...-return-plans/

hootie back on bubba before 2019 - lock it in brother
Ken Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:42 AM   #3456
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Bubba - "As we approach our June 16th final destination high spot willy."

I think he finally understands this is probably is the end when he loses this case.

Quote:
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:57 AM   #3457
Dr_Jeckyll
Destroyer Of Hope

Dr_Jeckyll has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Jeckyll has a spectacular aura about

Carmin Gets Arrested
Dr_Jeckyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:58 AM   #3458
Dr_Jeckyll
Destroyer Of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Masters View Post
http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/04/hulk-h...-return-plans/

hootie back on bubba before 2019 - lock it in brother
If Bubba still has a show after Nielsen gets their pound of flesh.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:00 AM   #3459
Dr_Jeckyll
Destroyer Of Hope

Bubba seem generally pissed off today.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:27 AM   #3460
Amigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Jeckyll View Post
She looks sorry for what she done...
Old 05-15-2018, 07:35 AM   #3461
Dr_Jeckyll
Destroyer Of Hope

I read some rumors that Hootie was seen at the BRN last week, if that's true then you know what that means, Ken may be right.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #3462
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Bubba still has a show after Nielsen gets their pound of flesh.
don't worry - he'll be on in "some capacity"

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:38 PM   #3463
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So let me get this right.... Carmin can get arrested, galvin can get busted trying to solicit a fucking tranny hooker... cowhead can be named in a conspiracy to sell a hootie fuck tape....

but spice gets fired?

Confirmation florida is the capitol of retards in america.

COD
Old 05-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #3464
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

"According to an affidavit, Sandra Carmin Herrst, 27, of Plant City was staying with her boyfriend at the Cordova Inn, 253 2nd Ave. N., when she hit him, cutting his right lip."

So Carmin was hooking up with some random dude... not her boyfriend. Unless her boyfriend is some low life that lives in an inn? lzzzzz

COD
Old 05-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #3465
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
"According to an affidavit, Sandra Carmin Herrst, 27, of Plant City was staying with her boyfriend at the Cordova Inn, 253 2nd Ave. N., when she hit him, cutting his right lip."

So Carmin was hooking up with some random dude... not her boyfriend. Unless her boyfriend is some low life that lives in an inn? lzzzzz
No, this was on Cinco de Mayo and it was at a hotel in St. Pete where they were staying after heavily drinking and partying at a station sanctioned event.

Quote:

Tags
$10 Monkey Grinder, Bubba Abuses Employees, Conspiracy, Cuckold Gate, didntlisten4yearsreadhereallsameshit, Nielsen, shitshow, Spice, Trace fans, Transgendered Bubba, Worst Fake News Thread Ever