Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Archive > Thread Archive

Notices

Thread Archive Old Show Threads

Old 07-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #391
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
'best' and 'hootie call' are not words that are generally used in the same sentence
As long as he isn't begging for people to vote for an established artist that should be getting by on her own merit by now, I'm fine with it.

Someone didn't get the message that the audience is done voting for shit.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #392
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

vCash: 5000000
stumpy is on a distinguished road

Ya know... I'd vote if I did that sort of thing, but I don't even vote for shit I believe in. I certainly won't text vote and the online shit is to drum up traffic - and it doesn't mean shit. It's a shallow attempt at giving the viewer the impression they make a difference. Isn't that what goes nowadays? Everyone wants to feel special? Get a trophy just for participating?

FUCK OFF
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #393
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ya know... I'd vote if I did that sort of thing, but I don't even vote for shit I believe in. I certainly won't text vote and the online shit is to drum up traffic - and it doesn't mean shit. It's a shallow attempt at giving the viewer the impression they make a difference. Isn't that what goes nowadays? Everyone wants to feel special? Get a trophy just for participating?

FUCK OFF
I've been saying for a while, radio listeners are getting too god damn self aggrandizing and feel like they need a pat on the back. People still think they're somewhat special for paying for the show even if it's freely available. It's something more and more common with satellite radio subs heavily into any show to be honest. People need to realize it's just entertainment, now 5/6 of which is freely available. So people need not get so worked up.

And besides that, this song is a classic.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #394
Chob

Shit, I used to nitpick the show quite a bit, and I still do on occasion. I've tried to get better about it, and found just taking any show lightly and not picking it apart means you enjoy it a lot more.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #395
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

KISS fuckin rocked!!! Fuck them!! KISS fans are a little older Brent...not younger!!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #396
Chob

I saw KISS live. They put on a good show, I'll give them that.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #397
milkman
Rock Star

milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

I seen em live a bunch!! I may sound gay, but I like the song Beth!!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:25 AM   #398
Chob

Beth is a kick ass power ballad. Yeah I said it. What are you gonna do about it?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #399
milkman
Rock Star

I'm gonna agree!!! That's what I'm gonna do!!!

And Peter Criss was one bad ass drummer!! God of Thunder!!! Where is GOT btw?? lol
Old 07-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #400
milkman
Rock Star

I feel a Brent concert coming!! Maybe!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #401
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

stumpy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
I've been saying for a while, radio listeners are getting too god damn self aggrandizing and feel like they need a pat on the back. People still think they're somewhat special for paying for the show even if it's freely available. It's something more and more common with satellite radio subs heavily into any show to be honest. People need to realize it's just entertainment, now 5/6 of which is freely available. So people need not get so worked up.

And besides that, this song is a classic.
Actually I was talking media in general.. polls, instant shit... American Idol... VOTE... YOU can make a difference... pfft... idiots.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #402
Chob

Quote:
Actually I was talking media in general.. polls, instant shit... American Idol... VOTE... YOU can make a difference... pfft... idiots.
Good point. That shit's all rigged anyway.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #403
milkman
Rock Star

I agree with that Stumpy!! They just want to think they matter!!! NOT
Old 07-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #404
Rock & Roll Ghost
Hi-De-Ho

Rock & Roll Ghost is on a distinguished road

KISS suck.

Hi there.

Rock 'n Roll Ghost

Twitter

Would you spread for Baba Booey?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #405
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock & Roll Ghost View Post
KISS suck.

Hi there.
How are things?

Tags
hold on sir.