Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #2611
Amigo

vCash: 8500003
Amigo has a spectacular aura aboutAmigo has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I know.

I guess it means he still has some market power...
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #2612
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo View Post
Yeah, I know.

I guess it means he still has some market power...
I don't think so, I think it's part of the standard negotiations he has in his contract. He used to do it because the winter ratings book were a desolate wasteland due to the holidays, so they always viewed it as a throwaway. Now that he is on AM and not part of the ratings system, I don't think it really matters if he takes this time off.

He did mention the potential negative effects taking that much time off will do to his twitch numbers so he said they will do some shows sporadically. I guess we'll see what happens come 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Cpt. Mcgillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #2613
Amigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
I.... Now that he is on AM and not part of the ratings system, I don't think it really matters if he takes this time off.

He did mention the potential negative effects taking that much time off will do to his twitch numbers so he said they will do some shows sporadically. I guess we'll see what happens come 2018.
I bet you are right that his contracts specify the 4- week vacation. But that's partially based on how valuable Bubba's performance turns out to be. And how adverse a long absence actually is to broadcast stations.

Bill O'Reilly had tons of market power when he inked a big contract in February. Two months later that changed. He went on a long vacation--and didn't get to come back.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #2614
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I bet you are right that his contracts specify the 4- week vacation. But that's partially based on how valuable Bubba's performance turns out to be. And how adverse a long absence actually is to broadcast stations.

Bill O'Reilly had tons of market power when he inked a big contract in February. Two months later that changed. He went on a long vacation--and didn't get to come back.
Funny you mention that because a lot of the times Bubba either gets fired (or not renewed for those of us that are "philosophical) or loses affiliates it's during this time.

Back in the day I would have 100% agreed with you. When he was riding high on 98 Rock and even early on with the bone, he had the power because of what he brought to the table ratings wise. Nowadays he's on AM and it's really not a big deal for the affiliates to either run best of's or switch to music or a mix of both for a month.

Quote:
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:43 PM   #2615
Amigo

Quote:
.... Nowadays he's on AM and it's really not a big deal for the affiliates to either run best of's or switch to music or a mix of both for a month.
I guess the broadcast stations figure it's really not a big deal for the listeners either.

But I gotta wonder if it's also really not a big deal for the customers. The ones who pay the bills...
Old 11-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #2616
FishMuskys
Venison King!

vCash: 100000000
FishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond repute

It happens.
FishMuskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:41 AM   #2617
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
I guess the broadcast stations figure it's really not a big deal for the listeners either.

But I gotta wonder if it's also really not a big deal for the customers. The ones who pay the bills...
In my humble opinion I believe it's a generally accepted practice that December is a throwaway month in all of radio. Hell, the old Bubba 98.7 is already playing Christmas music 24/7.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2017, 07:01 AM   #2618
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

You were right Fish. Mike from Dexter definitely knows how to work.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #2619
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Morning marks.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #2620
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Mornin B

Quote:
Old 11-14-2017, 07:12 AM   #2621
Amigo

Quote:
In my humble opinion I believe it's a generally accepted practice that December is a throwaway month in all of radio.
OK. That must be why Rush Limbaugh takes all off December off...
Old 11-14-2017, 07:13 AM   #2622
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Gene - "We're the lowest of low, we have 800 people (on Twitch) and still on AM, it don't get no lower".

Quote:
Old 11-14-2017, 07:15 AM   #2623
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
OK. That must be why Rush Limbaugh takes all off December off...
That makes the most sense to me. You have to think, a lot of people take a good amount of time off in December and I'm sure the last thing they're worried about is listening to the radio.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2017, 08:08 AM   #2624
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the radio industry takes a lot of time off too around July 4th. The July ratings are also throw away.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:16 AM   #2625
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Most of the radio industry takes a lot of time off too around July 4th. The July ratings are also throw away.
That makes sense too, summer vacation and all.

Quote:

Tags
$10 Monkey Grinder, Bubba Abuses Employees, Conspiracy, Cuckold Gate, didntlisten4yearsreadhereallsameshit, Nielsen, shitshow, Spice, Trace fans, Transgendered Bubba, Worst Fake News Thread Ever