Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > Sports

Notices

Sports Talk about everything athletic here. NFL, MLB, NHL, NASCAR (der der der), MMA, hell, even wrasslin if you're so inclined.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2014 FIFA World Cup

Well it's that time again, once every four years the world gets together to see who's the best in "The Beautiful Game". The World Cup starts today at 4pm when host country Brazil battles Croatia. If you have some time to check out a match, I highly suggest it as all games will be aired on the ESPN family of networks.
Here are just a few of my players to watch for:
Lionel Messi - Argentina
Christiano Ronaldo - Portugal
Luis Suarez - Uruguay
Mario Ballotelli - Italy
Manuel Neuer - Germany
Iker Casillas - Spain
Aryen Robbin & Robin Van Persie - Netherlands
Neymar - Brazil
Wayne Rooney - England

There are many, many more stars (and some in the making), so please feel free to add who you think we should watch for and discuss which countries you'll be supporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Cpt. Mcgillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
Lerch

vCash: 2000000000000
Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

I started a Yahoo WC Pick'em group. Get after it.

http://y.ahoo.it/o570Vgzr
Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #3
Lerch

Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

Spain has to be a front runner for the World Cup. Winning it in 2010 and destroying Italy 4-0 in the 2012 Euro Cup. Lock them into the Final 4 at least.

Capt. listed the Goalkeeper, Iker Casillas, as a player to watch. I'd like to add Striker David Villa and Midfielder Cesc Fabregas. Very strong up the middle with this squad.

Last edited by Lerch; 06-12-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #4
Lerch

Last World Cup, you might remember the loud buzzing noise at every game.

This Cup those Vuvuzelas are outlawed.

Brazilians might have thought they could bring their Caxirolas, but those are banned too. Yes! Yes! Yes!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:40 AM   #5
Lerch

I got this site here, you know, to get Milkman up to speed.

The Hater's Guide to the World Cup

http://screamer.deadspin.com/the-hat...cup-1588867715
Old 06-12-2014, 08:50 AM   #6
Lerch

I'll be following this link. https://twitter.com/hashtag/WorldCup
Old 06-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #7
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
Spain has to be a front runner for the World Cup. Winning it in 2010 and destroying Italy 4-0 in the 2012 Euro Cup. Lock them into the Final 4 at least.

Capt. listed the Goalkeeper, Iker Casillas, as a player to watch. I'd like to add Striker David Villa and Midfielder Cesc Fabregas. Very strong up the middle with this squad.
Absolutely Lerch, Spain is a strong contender to win it all. My wife was born in Spain and is a Barcelona fan so she'll be pulling for the Armada. Hey Lerch, did you see David Villa just recently signed with the new MLS team NYCFC?

Quote:
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #8
Lerch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
Absolutely Lerch, Spain is a strong contender to win it all. My wife was born in Spain and is a Barcelona fan so she'll be pulling for the Armada. Hey Lerch, did you see David Villa just recently signed with the new MLS team NYCFC?
I did not, as I am scrambling to absorb as much info as possible. I admit, I'm somewhat of a casual fan most of the time. Mostly watching Revs highlights or important int'l matches. That is very good that more int'l players come to the MLS. I guess we can thank Beckham for that.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #9
Lerch

Team Rankings

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...power-rankings

Last edited by Lerch; 06-12-2014 at 09:25 AM. Reason: double post willy
Old 06-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #10
Lerch

You think baseball salaries are out of control?

The New York Yankees always have a team salary around $200M.

Well, the top 10 teams in soccer are higher.

Colombia @10 = $232M
Portugal @9 = $395M
Italy @8 = $445M
Belgium @7 = $464M
England @6 = $488M
Franch @5 = $549M
Germany @4 = $614M
Brazil @3 = $643M
Argentina @2 = $648M
&
Spain @1 = $664M

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/jack.ken...up-this-summer
Old 06-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #11
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
I did not, as I am scrambling to absorb as much info as possible. I admit, I'm somewhat of a casual fan most of the time. Mostly watching Revs highlights or important int'l matches. That is very good that more int'l players come to the MLS. I guess we can thank Beckham for that.
It was probably a little bit of a troll, but Zlatan Ibrahimavich said the US and MLS are "intriguing". If they could pull an international player of that caliber, the sky's the limit for MLS.

Quote:
Old 06-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #12
Lerch

I made a group for us, Netas is in, I don't see you Capt.

I'm trying to figure out how to add you.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #13
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
I made a group for us, Netas is in, I don't see you Capt.

I'm trying to figure out how to add you.
I'm in, I didn't initially see the invite, but I'm in now.

Quote:
Old 06-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #14
Lerch

All set.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #15
Lerch

Only TV coverage I can find right now is on beIN sports.

http://www.beinsports.tv/