Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > Sports

Notices

Sports Talk about everything athletic here. NFL, MLB, NHL, NASCAR (der der der), MMA, hell, even wrasslin if you're so inclined.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:24 PM   #31
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
Hank will become famous soon enoughHank will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
Not if they were the last hockey team on Earth. I grew up in Pittsburgh.
Lol, that's a pretty resounding no...I caught tons of shit there for wearing my red sox hat there over the weekend. But then again the pirates are like 10 or so games out of .500 so it made for short conversations
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #32
Shag
Ellis is a Fag!

Shag will become famous soon enough

Alright Mugsy, Love the Penguin dance!!!

Shag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #33
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

stumpy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Lol, that's a pretty resounding no...I caught tons of shit there for wearing my red sox hat there over the weekend. But then again the pirates are like 10 or so games out of .500 so it made for short conversations
I used to sort of root for the Wings since I have in-laws in Detroit. Since last year, I've run into some really smug fans.. like on the level of Yankee/Ohio State type assholes. Fuck them in their asses.. I hope Hossa enjoys his day with the Cup.
stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #34
Shag
Ellis is a Fag!

Shag will become famous soon enough

Oh, Hossa must feel like a dick!

Shag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #35
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

Man, ur dead on stumpy yankee/ohio state fans can be real shit buckets, well then again so can some Sox fans. Ohio state fans should be bitter though since they lost to the gators in the national championship games in football, and basketball in the same yr. And basketball the gators bounced them out 2 yrs. in a row...lol

Man, Hossa must feel like a real asshole. He was on the losing end last yr., switched to that yrs. winning team. Only to lose to his old team in 7 games, you can't write a bigger fuck you..lol
Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #36
BrickBanland
BWO 4 Life!

BrickBanland will become famous soon enough

Anyone notice how red Hossa's face was after the game? Hossa must feel like a pile of shit.
BrickBanland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #37
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

I only pull for the Wings as my back fall team, since my predators are shitty never make the playoffs but if they do they get bounced out in the first damn round. It's really annoying, cause even if they don't make it out of the first round the still raise ticket prices the next yr...Argh I should prolly be whining about this shit in the sports WAAAAHHH spot but oh well.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #38
BrickBanland
BWO 4 Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I only pull for the Wings as my back fall team, since my predators are shitty never make the playoffs but if they do they get bounced out in the first damn round. It's really annoying, cause even if they don't make it out of the first round the still raise ticket prices the next yr...Argh I should prolly be whining about this shit in the sports WAAAAHHH spot but oh well.
Nashville made a run two or three years ago, no? Hats off to Detroit, they are an amazing team. This is the biggest win in Pittsburth since the Pirates beat the legenday 1960 New York Yankess.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #39
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

I love going to games here but their not that good of a team. (I've posted this part before) But, they do alot for the community but they just can't seem to be very productive on the ice.

Um, if I remember right I think they made it out of the 1st round, and had a pretty good go in the 2nd but got beat in 6 I think, but I could be wrong..
Old 06-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #40
BrickBanland
BWO 4 Life!

We suffered quite a few losing years in Pittsburgh to earn draft picks such as Malkin, Crosby, Staal, and Fleury. I remember they were quite embarrassing years but the draft picks and personal moves have worked out for the best. Maybe down the road Nashville will build but Hank, at least you are a fan of hockey, which speaks volumes. Hockey is a great, underrated game.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #41
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

Man, shag has been hangin with ur long winded ass for too long...lol I'm movin to the offical nhl gimmick, so us sports fucks can turn a few pages as well. We have to tear it up and warrant the revamping we just got...lol