kali has a spectacular aura aboutkali has a spectacular aura about
Sunshine The Milky Way and Storms over Africa

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gsfc/6722061883/

(video)

kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

I've been reading about the increase in solar flares too. I got PIR to register, now if I could only get him to show up.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

damn that's trippy as hell

reminds me of star trek bigtime

It's like i'm hanging on the bottom of the enterprise as it orbits...

whoops dropped my retainer there.

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

what is that shit that flies by about halfway through? Is that the comet they mentioned or was that satellites or something?

looked like a bunch of shit flew away from the earth

COD
Old 02-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
kali
the tick under your skin

vCash: 5000000

Lovejoy Comet

Old 02-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
kali
the tick under your skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
I've been reading about the increase in solar flares too. I got PIR to register, now if I could only get him to show up.
yeah, it would be nice if that idiot would show up so we could start making a nice science / space forum/threads

sheesh, times a wastin'

Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
kali
the tick under your skin

something beautiful for today:

Most Amazing High Definition Image of Earth - Blue Marble 2012 by NASA Goddard Photo and Video, on Flickr

Old 02-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
kali
the tick under your skin

Quote:
'First Light' Taken by NASA's Newest CERES Instrument on Suomi NPP

February 2, 2012

The doors are open on NASA's Suomi NPP satellite and the newest version of the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument is scanning Earth for the first time, helping to assure continued availability of measurements of the energy leaving the Earth-atmosphere system.

The CERES results help scientists to determine the Earth's energy balance, providing a long-term record of this crucial environmental parameter that will be consistent with those of its predecessors.

In the longwave image, heat energy radiated from Earth (in watts per square meter) is shown in shades of yellow, red, blue and white. The brightest-yellow areas are the hottest and are emitting the most energy out to space, while the dark blue areas and the bright white clouds are much colder, emitting the least energy. Increasing temperature, decreasing water vapor, and decreasing clouds will all tend to increase the ability of Earth to shed heat out to space.

'First Light' Taken by NASA's Newest CERES Instrument on Suomi NPP by NASA Goddard Photo and Video, on Flickr

Old 02-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post
yeah, it would be nice if that idiot would show up so we could start making a nice science / space forum/threads

sheesh, times a wastin'
That would be cool. I'd happily expand the sub forum's description or maybe even resurrect his science and hobby forum.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
kali
the tick under your skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
That would be cool. I'd happily expand the sub forum's description or maybe even resurrect his science and hobby forum.

I never tire of great Space pics and vids

Old 02-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Kali's World II?

COD
Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #12
Mugsy
Just helpin oot

vCash: 100746211
Mugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond repute

The center of the Milky Way Galaxy tastes like raspberries.

I just buy a package of raspberries whenever i get homesick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMuskys View Post
Fuck people...save the dogs first.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #13
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

how fucking high are you?

COD
Old 02-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
Mugsy
Just helpin oot

Mugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
how fucking high are you?
It's true......google it

und higher than ANY fictitious deity.

Quote:
Old 02-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #15
Mugsy
Just helpin oot

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpKda4Tj4H8"]Watch If An Asteroid Hit Earth - YouTube[/ame]

Quote:

Tags
H><H