Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > Politics and News

Notices

Politics and News Rant about politicians, the media, or whatever pisses you off about the world today.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Google=Bullshit!

According to Google - you must now have a cell phone in order to get a new email account... something about anti spam. (yet spammers can create email accounts a million other places and still spam ur google account )

On top of that - they send you a text message. So if your cell providers are a bunch of crooks and charge you for incoming messages you will get charged. And of course the massage to verify back to google will cost you money

tl;dr Google is Bullshit!

I don't have a mobile phone, can I sign up? If you'd like to sign up for a Gmail address, you need to have a mobile phone that has text-messaging capabilities.
If you don't have a phone, you may want to ask a friend if you can use his or her number to receive a code.
One of the reasons we're offering this new way to sign up for Gmail is to help protect our users and combat abuse. Spam and abuse protection are two things we take very seriously, and our users have been very happy with the small amount of spam they've received in Gmail. We take many measures to ensure that spammers have a difficult time sending their spam messages, getting these messages delivered, or even obtaining a Gmail address (spammers will often use many different addresses to send spam). Sending invitation codes to mobile phones is one way to address this, as the number of addresses created per phone number can be limited.
Will it cost me money to receive the message? We suggest contacting your mobile phone provider for details on costs associated with text messaging. These costs vary, depending on your wireless plan and provider.

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Bullshit indeed. I had Tracfone and let it expire so I don't even have a cell phone number right now.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
Bullshit indeed. I had Tracfone and let it expire so I don't even have a cell phone number right now.
in that policy - it says - borrow a friend - WTF is that?

and ok - so lets say you do use a friends.. and he lets 10 people use it - won't google eventually say - whoa why are you verifying so many emails from one number?

this is bullshit

COD
Old 12-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #4
Spaz
BMF

vCash: 99742590428
Spaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Jesus View Post
in that policy - it says - borrow a friend - WTF is that?

and ok - so lets say you do use a friends.. and he lets 10 people use it - won't google eventually say - whoa why are you verifying so many emails from one number?

this is bullshit
i hope they disinfect it ,before use after 10 people use it or
he/she may catch a bug and their life force may fail before they get to google

seriously it sounds fucked up to me, although i don't fully understand it all..

Try me
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

basically you can't sign up for gmail, unless you will provide google with your cell phone number so they can text you a verification message... it's a fucking scam.

COD
Old 12-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
Steve44
REAL good at drinkin' Beer!

vCash: 5000000
Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

Fuck google. They have enough money.

What the fuck, Nerdboy?
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Jesus View Post
basically you can't sign up for gmail, unless you will provide google with your cell phone number so they can text you a verification message... it's a fucking scam.
I wonder what favors cell phone companies are doing them.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
I wonder what favors cell phone companies are doing them.
good point - I wonder if all google employee's now get free cell's?

COD
Old 12-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #9
Mugsy
Just helpin oot

vCash: 100746211
Mugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond repute

They want the numbers so they can spam em aboot their new android phone, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMuskys View Post
Fuck people...save the dogs first.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsytank View Post
They want the numbers so they can spam em aboot their new android phone, IMO.
oh you know your gonna get all kinds of texts offering you shit once they get a hold of it -

doesn't al gore own a small chunk of google?

COD
Old 04-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #11
Spaz
BMF

vCash: 99742590428
Spaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond repute

Google Frankenstein: Machines To Choose Your News

Drudge Report
April 12, 2010

GOOGLE CEO and Obama political activist Eric Schmidt declared this weekend that his machines will help decide what news you receive!

News sites should use technology to PREDICT what a user wants to read by what they have already read, Schmidt told the AMERICAN SOCIETY OF NEWS EDITORS, where a few humans still remained in the audience.

“We’re all in this together.”

Google Frankenstein: Machines To Choose Your News

Schmidt said he doesn’t want ‘to be treated as a stranger’ when reading online, POLITICO reports.

He envisions a future where technology for news editing could help tailor advertisements for individual readers.

And he wants to be challenged through technology that ‘directs readers’ to a story with an ‘opposing’ view.

[An odd suggestion from the CEO of a company long accused of offering little to no conservative-leaning links on its news page, while aggressively promoting left-leaning hubs.]

Schmidt said GOOGLE is working on new ways to push adverts and content for consumers, based on what stories they’ve read.

What stories his machines have selected.

Developing…

Does this seem fucked up to any one else ? Isn't the news the news....
I think we are seeing the begining of the end of the netz as we know them.

Try me
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #12
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

once ACTA comes into play - we are fucked on the net

I envision another "pirate" internet being formed, and running apart from the current level of this net...

And Google picking my news?

The shit they put on the main pages is NEVER the news I am looking for - I always end up doing a search - and this prediction thing is not gonna help eclectic people at all I don't think...

THIS JUST IN - Google is developing a fridge - that predicts what you want to eat!

COD
Old 04-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #13
Mugsy
Just helpin oot

vCash: 100746211
Mugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like google is getting incahoots wif apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMuskys View Post
Fuck people...save the dogs first.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #14
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

no cause google will find the adobe site - if they were in it together adobe would be impossible to find

COD
Old 04-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #15
simon482
wagon fixer

vCash: 5000000
simon482 will become famous soon enoughsimon482 will become famous soon enough

googled bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Jack View Post
i love shoving cock in my ass as hard as i fucking can over and over then swallow the shit covered cum load
simon482 is offline   Reply With Quote