Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > The Kingdom

Notices

The Kingdom General/Off-topic Forum/Tech & Gaming

Old 04-19-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
DonkeyShow
BWO 4 Life!

vCash: 5000000
DonkeyShow is on a distinguished road
Default Hey gang....It's been awhile......

Wow......haven't been around these parts in ages....LOL

Work, family, etc......

But now the exciting news........well, at least for me....LOL

I got picked up to drive a Top Alcohol dragster next season. Gotta use this season to get used to the car and what not.

Here's the car....

The man and woman in the pic are Doug and Shawnda Mershier.......Great people and owners of the car.....and my Crew Chief.....LOL

I will post some more pics of it and hopefully some vids of my progress in the car.

Laterz
DonkeyShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Wow dude, yeah...long time no see!!
Congrats on that shit man!!! Good luck to ya!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
nah milk's right.
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

that's awesome!

That car looks fucking fast as fuck!

How hard are those things to keep pointed straight? Does the front lift on those much?

Can't wait to see more!

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet ride. I'm too much of a pussy for those things. Most times I drive at or slightly below the speed limit.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
DonkeyShow
BWO 4 Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Jesus View Post

that's awesome!

That car looks fucking fast as fuck!

How hard are those things to keep pointed straight? Does the front lift on those much?

Can't wait to see more!
SJ, believe it or not, they are easier to drive than my door slammers. Longer wheelbase = more stability.

On launch, the front end comes up on average about 4-5 inches....thank god for the wheelie bar.

Right now, I have only done 3 full passes in the car in the 1/8th mile. Our local 1/4 mile track shut down for right now.

Fastest pass is a 4.98........on a very soft tune and lots of timing taken out.

Full bore pass is usually a 4. 30 ish at 176 in the 1/8th........and there's still more left.

I'll get there soon........going this Friday to make some more runs in it......I'll try and get a vid or 2.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #6
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

wicked!

that must be the best fucking rush ever! So what size of motor is in that?

and I gotta know - you ever driven one of those tractor pull deals? With one of those rigs with the 4 motors all in sync?

COD
Old 04-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
DonkeyShow
BWO 4 Life!

Quote:
wicked!

that must be the best fucking rush ever! So what size of motor is in that?

and I gotta know - you ever driven one of those tractor pull deals? With one of those rigs with the 4 motors all in sync?
LOL.......

Yeah, it's a hell of a rush........about 3-4 g's on launch.

The motor is a 565 c.i. blown alcohol motor....the blower is a Littlefield 14-71 blower.

Nope, haven't ever driven one of the tractor pull rigs.........always wanted to though.....we just don't have alot of em around here.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:37 AM   #8
Steve44
REAL good at drinkin' Beer!

Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

NICE!!

What the fuck, Nerdboy?
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:55 AM   #9
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyShow View Post
LOL.......

Yeah, it's a hell of a rush........about 3-4 g's on launch.

The motor is a 565 c.i. blown alcohol motor....the blower is a Littlefield 14-71 blower.

Nope, haven't ever driven one of the tractor pull rigs.........always wanted to though.....we just don't have alot of em around here.
holy shit that's a big motor...

Is there a cubic inch restriction or anything?

Sorry - I've got questions for days
Always wanted to drive a drag car here.

COD
Old 04-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
DonkeyShow
BWO 4 Life!

Quote:
holy shit that's a big motor...

Is there a cubic inch restriction or anything?

Sorry - I've got questions for days
Always wanted to drive a drag car here.
No problem....LOL

In the Southwest Superchargers, that's about as big as we can go as far as cubic inches. There's still alot we can do to make more hp.......Heads, cam, etc......

Now as far as the quick 8 series that we run, it's a bracket style run what ya brung thing...........Pretty cool.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #11
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

there's a track not too far from here that has open class racing - like road rides and stuff. That's always good for a laugh the city boys like to go up and race their parents cars.

COD
Old 04-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #12
DonkeyShow
BWO 4 Life!

Quote:
there's a track not too far from here that has open class racing - like road rides and stuff. That's always good for a laugh the city boys like to go up and race their parents cars.
We have that here too.......usually on a test and tune night.

Best so far was a kid put a 09 Mustang Shelby GT 500 in the wall. It still had dealer plates on it. Story is that his dad brought it home on a overnight test drive. The dad got called out or some shit like that, so the kid and his buddy took it to the track. His buddy talked him into making a pass or 2.

I know I have a couple of pics of it sitting against the wall and on the tow truck. The kid was talking all kinds of shit before the race......then crying after the race. We went over to see the damage and just started laughing our asses off.........
Old 04-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #13
DonkeyShow
BWO 4 Life!

Sorry for the double post.

We are taking the car to the track tonight for a test and tune session.

Time to start learning the car...........Damn, I'm actually nervous as hell.........but in a good way.

I will post some pics / vids later tonight or tomorrow........

Wish me luck.....LOL
Old 04-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #14
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Good Luck!

Stay away from that wall!

COD
Old 04-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #15
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

and double post all you like - I usually go for three or four in a row

COD