Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > The Kingdom

Notices

The Kingdom General/Off-topic Forum/Tech & Gaming

Old 06-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emulation Nation

The best and easiest way to enjoy the classics. Got questions comment etc.. about emualtors? You've come to the right place.

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Any other "emulator" addicts out there besides myself and Mugsy?

COD
Old 10-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
Mugsy
Just helpin oot

vCash: 100746211
Mugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I got me MAME and SNES pretty well stocked, are there any others i should look into?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMuskys View Post
Fuck people...save the dogs first.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

depends on what you like to play... Neo Geo was kinda rare in North America - the 1000 price tag for the unit and games in the 100's caused it to be glossed over....

The platform didn't last long - but generated some great Titles like Metal Slug, World Champions, Samurai Showdown, etc etc

Also - if your a real oldschooler, the Commodore emulator is a must...

Genesis emulator is also a must if your a sonic or altered beast fan...

COD
Old 10-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

recently I grabbed Dosbox 0.73

It's an old PC emulator that allows you to play old DOS based games on your newer OS's

You can grab Dosbox here: http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

simply download and follow that sites tutorial on how to install and run the emulator.. (you will need DOS knowledge - but just the basics, which is probably all most of us remember now )

then you can grab games from all around the net called "abandonware" to find ur games

I have been browsing http://xtcabandonware.com/index.php

COD
Old 10-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
Mugsy
Just helpin oot

Mugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond reputeMugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I think that one is too old school for me, i like better graphics.

Quote:
Old 10-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

well technically most of those games are newer then mame roms... (well kinda even I guess, lotsa late 80's and early 90's stuff)

COD
Old 10-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
Mugsy
Just helpin oot

Maybe i saw the wrong games, they looked really old. Like an old version of asteroid, and one with some guy made out of blocks.

Quote:
Old 10-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #9
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

there's releases right up till about 97 I think..

currently playing epic pinball (never did get that fucking android to come to life...)
wolfenstein3d
Blood

COD
Old 11-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
kali
the tick under your skin

vCash: 5000000
kali has a spectacular aura aboutkali has a spectacular aura about

a friend of mine let me borrow his http://www.gp2xwiz.com/

it is even supposed to let you emulate an early amiga (and play it's games).

kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #11
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post
a friend of mine let me borrow his http://www.gp2xwiz.com/

it is even supposed to let you emulate an early amiga (and play it's games).
now that looks like a must have!

COD
Old 12-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #12
thegame310

thegame310 is on a distinguished road

I want to build a stand alone emulation/htpc soon. Will it happen...who knows, but it's what I want lol
thegame310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #13
kali
the tick under your skin

kali has a spectacular aura aboutkali has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Jesus View Post
now that looks like a must have!
it has potential. I've heard (rumor alert) that someone is planning on building the ability to wirelessly connect

WOOT!

kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #14
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

so you can challenge friends head to head?

COD