Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Dick
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
Dick is on a distinguished road
Default New weekend shows on The Bone

I'm not too thrilled with some of the new shows being rolled out on The Bone weekends.

If we wanted shows about mutual funds or hunting, there are plenty of these shows to be found on the AM channels- 970wfla, 620wdae and so on.

I like Ask the Dom and his show but it isn't anything original. And just like doctor segments, every call ends with "you should call the office at 813-xxx-xxxx". Very few calls end with a clear cut answer.

The replays of the weekday shows are as good if not better than the infomercial mortage show. And it's probably cheaper for Cox to air the replays as well.

I believe Cox can do better. The potential for original shows is great. Add to the fact that you could probably get people (Tuddle, etc etc) to do these shows for what they're paying now, if not possibly cheaper, and I think Cox would have a solid weekend lineup.

And how did it take this long to finally get new weekend programs?

Just some thoughts...
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

they should give Tuddle the 7-10 spot or a weekend show
PissJug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
Dick
No Avatar

Nervous Jarred and Tuddle would be funny.

Idk, it just seems like they could do something different than what's already on other stations.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Tuddle doing a live walking dead and nerdy show would be really cool

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree. The current crop of shows seem to nothing to distinguish themselves from the type of shows brokering time on AM stations everywhere. They need to make more use of the ancillary crews and friends of the station. But live programming means they have to pay someone since you apparently can't work for free anymore.

You know who needs a show? X-Pac. The guy is cool and funny as hell.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Do you guys really think they are actually paying Ask the Dom, Bob Hurley, et al. to do their shows? Hell no they are not, those guys are paying to be on the radio, plain and simple. It's the exact same thing Kevin Hayslett and Dr Mark are doing on IO, except they do it for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Cpt. Mcgillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah they're sponsored shows. They pay to be on the air. Just like jobber AM

COD
Old 11-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
Do you guys really think they are actually paying Ask the Dom, Bob Hurley, et al. to do their shows? Hell no they are not, those guys are paying to be on the radio, plain and simple. It's the exact same thing Kevin Hayslett and Dr Mark are doing on IO, except they do it for free
Oh yeah, never doubted that for a second.

And Hayslett is cool, so however he gets on is fine with me.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
Dick
No Avatar

I've tried to like Billy Madison show but it's just not a very good show. I saw a post here that likened it to 1999 Bubba- sums it up quite well.

Derrick sounds like a complete idiot everytime he talks. The chubbs guys over exaggerated screaming and yelling flat out ruin what's left that's listenable.

I do give them credit for trying though. They could pull a bubba and just read news stories all day. Bubba was on a roll doing that but the shows as of late aren't as bad as they used to be; they're not as good as they used to be eithe...
Old 11-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

The fact that the bone doesn't even play the whole BMS show always bugged me. It just cuts off... that's amateur sounding. Like hey we can't find anything else to go in this slot from tampa so here's some guys from across the country, and we're only giving you part of their show.

Billy can do really good interviews but I think they have trouble getting big name guests cause they're a local show. I wonder how much of it is them wanting to be so 1999 or if it's the stations influence.

COD
Old 11-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #11
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
I've tried to like Billy Madison show but it's just not a very good show. I saw a post here that likened it to 1999 Bubba- sums it up quite well.

Derrick sounds like a complete idiot everytime he talks. The chubbs guys over exaggerated screaming and yelling flat out ruin what's left that's listenable.

I do give them credit for trying though. They could pull a bubba and just read news stories all day. Bubba was on a roll doing that but the shows as of late aren't as bad as they used to be; they're not as good as they used to be eithe...
My sentiments exactly. Shit like "spank a hot girl Friday" or "Are you smarter than a big assed bitch" just sounds so cheesy. I know Chob always says that they are the future of Cox radio, but if that's the future, I feel sorry for Cox. Then again they do everything else half assed, so I guess it's par for the course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Cpt. Mcgillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #12
Chob

How many fucking times do I have to clear this up?

I said they're clearly being groomed to be the next franchise morning show. Not saying it'll succeed, and that kind of show is a hard sell in 2013.

And yeah, they try too hard at times to be like old school Stern or Bubba and come off a bit juvenile, but when they aren't trying too hard they have a good chemistry and you can tell they appreciate their gig, their listeners, and in general have a positive attitude that translates into a good show and maybe some could learn a thing or two from their approach.