The Kingdom General/Off-topic Forum/Tech & Gaming

Old 02-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
poorboy
BWO 4 Life!
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
poorboy is on a distinguished road
Default Droid X and radio io problem

Ok does anyone with a Droid X have a problem listening to radioio? I use double twist and everytime my phone gets a text it cuts out and sometimes it cuts out due to buffering and these cut outs can last 5 minutes sometimes and sometimes the show never omes back. When this happens I have to back out of everything and start over again. I know I'm moving around driving the truck but what do you other FTE's do to listen online while moving? Does anyone with a Droid X have a better program to use to listen? I need some help here people, I'd like to do the early enrollment but f I can't listen to it good then why pay $$$? Thanks for any help any of you can give.
poorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
PACanesfan
Custom User Title

PACanesfan will become famous soon enoughPACanesfan will become famous soon enough

Same problem with me. If I use the X on Wi-Fi, it is rock solid. On 3G, I get drops all the time. I haven't found a fix yet though.

I use XiiaLive Lite to listen to RadioIo.
PACanesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboy View Post
Ok does anyone with a Droid X have a problem listening to radioio? I use double twist and everytime my phone gets a text it cuts out and sometimes it cuts out due to buffering and these cut outs can last 5 minutes sometimes and sometimes the show never omes back. When this happens I have to back out of everything and start over again. I know I'm moving around driving the truck but what do you other FTE's do to listen online while moving? Does anyone with a Droid X have a better program to use to listen? I need some help here people, I'd like to do the early enrollment but f I can't listen to it good then why pay $$$? Thanks for any help any of you can give.
sounds like getting a text closes your app

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
poorboy
BWO 4 Life!
No Avatar

poorboy is on a distinguished road

Ya it's really pissin me off, I want to early enlist but shit I can't see payin for something I can't use 90% of the time. This sucks ass.
poorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

has anyone done a comparison to anyone else's online streams to see if they have the same issues on the droid?

perhaps it a OS flaw with streaming stuff... might be something glitching it out in the settings.... or it could be from radioIO... hard to really pinpoint too.

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
WadeJordan

vCash: 7495758
WadeJordan has a spectacular aura aboutWadeJordan has a spectacular aura aboutWadeJordan has a spectacular aura about

i have the droid 1 and i have almost zero problems with mine catching the show and ive drove 2 and a half hours into western NE with out a drop
WadeJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #7
Steve44
REAL good at drinkin' Beer!

Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeJordan View Post
i have the droid 1 and i have almost zero problems with mine catching the show and ive drove 2 and a half hours into western NE with out a drop
I'm in a limited "zone" As long as I'm i'm in that Zone, It works great. I don't know what version of droid it is, I just bought this phone last saturday. The only apps I have are radioio and Tom the cat. No twist, double twist or anything like that. Occasionally it will drop out for maybe 5 seconds, but that's about it...so far.

What the fuck, Nerdboy?
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
kali
the tick under your skin

kali has a spectacular aura aboutkali has a spectacular aura about

hmm, my brother JUST got a droid and he has not had problems yet - at least I haven't heard him complain.
I'll ask him about his phone. see if I can get useful info

kali is offline   Reply With Quote