Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #91
Lerch

vCash: 2000000000000
Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

taylor from tss is gonna love stalking the college campuses for hot black, asian, and hispanic hotties selling radios.
Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 PM   #92
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
The FCC announced today that Sirius XM has fulfilled one of the conditions of its merger by leasing channels on a long-term basis to a handful of minority broadcasters that met its qualifications. The seven channels represent four percent of Sirius XM's full-time audio channels.

snipped

The lessees and their planned programming include:

• Howard University (licensee of WHUR-FM and WHUT-TV)
One channel each on Sirius and XM – Music and talk programming for the African American community
One channel each on Sirius and XM – Music and talk programming for the African American community, with programs from Historically Black Colleges and Universities

• BYU Radio (licensee of KBYU-FM and KBYU-TV)
One channel each on Sirius and XM – Music and talk programming for the Mormon community

• Eventus/National Latino Broadcasting
One channel each on Sirius and XM – Spanish language talk programming
One channel each on Sirius XM – Spanish language music programming

• WorldBand Media
One channel each on Sirius and XM – Spanish language talk programming

• KTV Radio
One channel on XM – Korean language music and talk programming

http://fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=2163976
do mormons even listen to the radio?

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:51 PM   #93
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Jack View Post
I hear Amish Radio is coming soon.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #94
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
I can't wait for - how to plow radio

hmm that could also be on playboy radio

COD
Old 04-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #95
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Scientology Radio just missed the cut.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #96
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

can't they just broadcast from the mothership?

COD
Old 05-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #97
The Butler
Degenerate Member

The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fans of Rosie O'Donnell won't have to go cold turkey on Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI ) .

The last live installment of Rosie Radio is coming on June 1, but the comedienne's new talk show gig on television will also make its way to satellite radio.

O'Donnell is moving to Oprah Winfrey's OWN this fall. The daily talk show -- Rosie -- will air on Sirius and XM the same day it airs on the struggling cable network.

Will Sirius XM listeners feel cheated? We don't know how many listeners migrated to satellite radio to catch the 2009 debut of Rosie Radio. Those that did are unlikely to be satisfied with non-exclusive broadcasts of a television show. Premium radio and hand-me-down content aren't compelling bedfellows.
http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...d-content.aspx

Quote:
As SiriusXM satellite radio celebrates a record number of subscribers, some listeners are threatening to jump ship over recent changes that merged Willie Nelson's channel with another country station.

A shuffling of the lineup Wednesday, designed to put most broadcasts in the same spot on both the Sirius and XM systems, brought an end to Willie's Place. It was combined with the Roadhouse, leading to the creation of Willie's Roadhouse, found on channel 56. While the names sound similar, fans insist the music played is not.
http://www.austin360.com/music/fans-...m-1458648.html

Old 05-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #98
The Butler
Degenerate Member

There is new news in the Howard Stern suit against Sirius XM, and it is quite interesting. The company admits that many facts alleged by Stern, Buchwald, and One Twelve media are indeed accurate, and contends that the suit centers on one pivotal issue. That issue is whether XM subscribers should be counted in the numbers tied to the performance section of the contract with Stern. According to Sirius XM that answer is a resounding NO.

The company did pay Stern $25 million, and Buchwald $2.5 million when the merger with XM was completed, a fact that perhaps most investors were not aware of. The crux of this case centers on how the term “Sirius Subscribers” is defined according to the company. It is Sirius XM’s contention that XM subscribers would not be counted under the Sirius umbrella with or without the merger.

http://siriusbuzz.com/sirius-xm-file...-prejudice.php

Old 05-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #99
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
There is new news in the Howard Stern suit against Sirius XM, and it is quite interesting. The company admits that many facts alleged by Stern, Buchwald, and One Twelve media are indeed accurate, and contends that the suit centers on one pivotal issue. That issue is whether XM subscribers should be counted in the numbers tied to the performance section of the contract with Stern. According to Sirius XM that answer is a resounding NO.

The company did pay Stern $25 million, and Buchwald $2.5 million when the merger with XM was completed, a fact that perhaps most investors were not aware of. The crux of this case centers on how the term “Sirius Subscribers” is defined according to the company. It is Sirius XM’s contention that XM subscribers would not be counted under the Sirius umbrella with or without the merger.

http://siriusbuzz.com/sirius-xm-file...-prejudice.php
As much as I side with Howard here, I can also see their argument.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #100
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

vCash: 5000000
PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
As much as I side with Howard here, I can also see their argument.
Me too, except for one thing. Without Howard, there is no acquisition of XM. Sirius fails and falls by the wayside, leaving XM as the only remaining satellite radio company.

I'm guessing there will be a handsome settlement, the lawsuit will go away, and Howard will enjoy his even shorter work weeks until he shuts down the show as we know it after this contract.
PeteFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #101
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

look they paid the guy 25 mil for making the merger happen - therefore I think they owe him the XM numbers...

COD
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #102
kali
the tick under your skin

vCash: 5000000
kali has a spectacular aura aboutkali has a spectacular aura about
Headphones

Quote:
look they paid they guy 25 mil for making the merger happen - therefore I think they owe him the XM numbers...
stop being reasonable! it's wigging me out

kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #103
Chob

Quote:
look they paid they guy 25 mil for making the merger happen - therefore I think they owe him the XM numbers...
I agree, but I understand why Sirius XM would contest that fact rather than fold and pay Howard right away. I certainly don't think it's the right thing to do.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #104
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post
stop being reasonable! it's wigging me out

chob write that down - someone called me reasonable!

It's a first!

COD