Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

View Poll Results: Does Sirius XM value Bubba's show?
Yes 0 0%
No 9 100.00%
I'm too indecisive to pick a choice in this simple poll 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does Sirius XM finally value Bubba's show?

So taking yet another complaining caller and rehashing the Sirius contract talk. Bubba said that after years of being told his show wasn't that important, that the company has finally begun to realize the importance of the show.

I argue that if they valued the show, they wouldn't have put the guys in this position, would have found another slot for them, even if it was the FM show live, and not claimed poverty and immediately after the merger and signed a $3 million deal with Chris Russo. And Mel wouldn't have told him he'd fail.

The company did see a huge reaction on the phone lines regarding Bubba and probably panicked when they made the last minute deal. But I argue if it was valuable to them, it would be promoted more and aired live. I don't think Sirius XM has learned a damn thing.

Robotic call from Scott Greenstein aside, what do you all think? Does Sirius XM value the Bubba the Love Sponge show now?
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Over-all I gotta go with no...

And in regards to a different Station for Bubba - I think it puts the company in another problem where they would have to find a replacement for that time slot - and It would be up to Howard and Howard still wanted Bubba. So I think he took the deal more outta respect for what Howard did for him and like he said - Bubba wants to be on Howard's Channels.. I can't Blame Bubba really cause even with promotion on another channel, I don't think he would get the same exposure as he does on 101...

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
DFender
Chaos = My Life = FML

vCash: 5000000
DFender will become famous soon enough

I dunno where people would follow him on Sirius... seems like Sirius listeners are mostly clique-y and resistant to change but wtf, I dunno anything lol.

(608): imagine a blue Jetta with an ILLINOIS license plate that read JISLORD..... upon pondering it for 10 minutes I came to the conclusion that J stood for JESUS and IF the license plate had enough room it would read "Jesus Is Lord"
www.textsfromlastnight.com
DFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #4
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFender View Post
I dunno where people would follow him on Sirius... seems like Sirius listeners are mostly clique-y and resistant to change but wtf, I dunno anything lol.
108 or something. It's not like people are going to stop listening when he goes to another channel like some people seem to think.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #5
DFender
Chaos = My Life = FML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
108 or something. It's not like people are going to stop listening when he goes to another channel like some people seem to think.
I think it would depend on the timeslot ... for me as long as he wasn't on at the same time as Howard, I'd listen to him anywhere on Sirius. I just don't know about picking up NEW listeners, depending on which channel he landed on.

(608): imagine a blue Jetta with an ILLINOIS license plate that read JISLORD..... upon pondering it for 10 minutes I came to the conclusion that J stood for JESUS and IF the license plate had enough room it would read "Jesus Is Lord"
Old 07-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Jesus View Post
I don't think he would get the same exposure as he does on 101...
Think of it this way, he had three years of exposure on that channel and built quite an audience. But now the product is different, he's on FM so he can't be considered "premium" content. And a lot of people are no longer interested in the product he's currently putting out.

So 108 could mean exposure to a new audience. Including all of the XM audience that can't listen to him on 101 because it's on Best of Sirius.

And by the way. I fucked up and meant to make this a public poll. And you can't really edit polls much after the fact.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFender View Post
I think it would depend on the timeslot ... for me as long as he wasn't on at the same time as Howard, I'd listen to him anywhere on Sirius. I just don't know about picking up NEW listeners, depending on which channel he landed on.
He'd have to be on live when he's live on FM, or it wouldn't work. Keep his show replayed so people can catch it after Howard as well.

And of course he'd pick up new listeners, because he'd be on a new channel and be exposed to the entire XM audience.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
DFender
Chaos = My Life = FML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
He'd have to be on live when he's live on FM, or it wouldn't work. Keep his show replayed so people can catch it after Howard as well.

And of course he'd pick up new listeners, because he'd be on a new channel and be exposed to the entire XM audience.
Oy, I can't convey my thoughts cuz I can't think at the moment... I"ll come back and explain when my brain cells are firing. Ya think it's a good idea to put him on up against Howard, live, on Sirius though as opposed to how it is now? Doesn't the Show wanna do morning? Not that they would but he wouldn't do well on OutQ I don't think... lol.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
DFender
Chaos = My Life = FML

Chob don't answer that cuz I can't remember what I was tryin' to say... lol... i'm gonna delete alotta my posts in the morning... lol

Old 07-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #10
Chob

As long as the replay is around still, so people can hear Bubba after Howard, everyone who regularly tunes in still can. The option of listening to Bubba is still out there online via seven websites. Why not take advantage of having an audience that wants to hear the show live and have them listen on Sirius? And they can benefit from selling commercials during Bubba's show as well.

The idea that they can't have other shows on at the same time as Howard because they can't compete is missing the point entirely. Sirius XM is all about having choices.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #11
DFender
Chaos = My Life = FML

I am never, ever gonna try and make sense when I'm stoned again. Evarrrr.