Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:59 AM   #1
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Howard 100 & 101 not available on the official Sirius XM iPhone app

Some select programming, including MLB® Play-by-Play, NFL Play-by-Play, SIRIUS NASCAR® Radio, and Howard Stern, will not be available on the iPhone and iPod touch. Listeners will continue to be able to access that programming through the platforms they are currently offered on.

Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently these were statements from Gary on Twitter:

"our channels are excluded from the iphone app because it infringes on our deal with indemand. sorry about that."

"we weren't positive about it until fairly recently"

"complicated legal but basically about platform: stiletto is siriusxm, wifi is user equip, but iphone is specific 3rd party w video potential"

I didn't see that one coming. And I don't see those statements up anymore on Twitter so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
kali
the tick under your skin

vCash: 5000000
kali has a spectacular aura aboutkali has a spectacular aura about

well, I can see this siruation being complicated. people are still working their way around new technology.

the whiners just don't get any of that. They don't don't get that unless an artist takes hold of a technology theu will find themselves with no income from their work. and I know the sfn assholes will bitch that Howard makes tons of money so why does he need morre. That's not the point. SOMEBODY is making money from Howard's broadcast. Crap radio made a shitload of money. So why shouldn't Howard?

I say if an artist can get the money, he/she should take it!

fuck the haters!

kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

stumpy is on a distinguished road

I don't know about this whole artist shit, but I pay for two subs and there's no reason ANY of it should be excluded from the iPhone. I have a laptop so if I'm staying at a hotel using their wifi and I get the stream via the web site, isn't that mobile? It's a bullshit excuse and a bamboozling of epic proportions.
stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
Apparently these were statements from Gary on Twitter:

"our channels are excluded from the iphone app because it infringes on our deal with indemand. sorry about that."

"we weren't positive about it until fairly recently"

"complicated legal but basically about platform: stiletto is siriusxm, wifi is user equip, but iphone is specific 3rd party w video potential"

I didn't see that one coming. And I don't see those statements up anymore on Twitter so take it with a grain of salt.
Alright, this shit isn't looking legit. And I haven't heard it, but I guess Howard gave the impression it's about money. Wow.

Like Brent said, you're better off with Pocket Tunes.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

Orbitcast is quoting a fake twitter account for their story?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
Orbitcast is quoting a fake twitter account for their story?
LOL. Seriously? I guess it was baba_booey which could be anyone rather than the SternShow account. I don't know if it's fake or not.

If Sirius XM and Howard were just upfront and honest it would solve quite a few problems. But Sirius has never been known for being upfront with their customers and just surprise them with channel updates and other things.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #8
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
LOL. Seriously? I guess it was baba_booey which could be anyone rather than the SternShow account. I don't know if it's fake or not.

If Sirius XM and Howard were just upfront and honest it would solve quite a few problems. But Sirius has never been known for being upfront with their customers and just surprise them with channel updates and other things.
Funny he dismissed the twitter account as fake, but failed to further explain why 100 and 101 aren't on the iPhone beyond yesterday's "rights issue".

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Funny he dismissed the twitter account as fake, but failed to further explain why 100 and 101 aren't on the iPhone beyond yesterday's "rights issue".
Howard is hiding something. What a lame last attempt at a cash grab if this turns out to be true. I try not to attack Howard for his salary, but if he's truly trying to grab more money out of Sirius XM's pocket it definitely gives ammo to those that say he doesn't care about the long term health of the company.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #10
Chob

AHAHAHA. Ryan has egg on his face on Howard 100 News right now.

I'll give the guy a break, he does a good job.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

Nice diversion... all these side shows so they don't have to address the issue at hand.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #12
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
Nice diversion... all these side shows so they don't have to address the issue at hand.
Hmm... I didn't even think about it that way.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #13
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Howard to Artie during the reality show discussion - "You've got enough money".

Wow.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #14
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
Howard to Artie during the reality show discussion - "You've got enough money".

Wow.
I try not to get pissed off at Howard, but holy shit is he making it hard lately.