Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #16
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by solant View Post
I hope I am right but I would say that is shando.. I could be way off..
Shannon has an account here. It's under his real name.. no alias.

unless he's multing
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #17
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

KayfabeDave is his mult
PissJug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #18
Ace
Resident promo cutter to various radio shows

vCash: 5000000
Ace is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of light

This is stupid. I feel for Shannon. On one hand he took a gamble and lost, ok another it may lead to better things! Keep your spirits up Shando, you're great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
I say stupid shit
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:52 PM   #19
FishMuskys
Venison King!

vCash: 100000000
FishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond repute

Well...this completely sucks. I'm listening to the Ledge show on download, thanks to Frank! Bubba definitely mishandled a great thing that was RadioIO. It only took him and Tom Bean 3 months to start the downward spiral by giving away the content, that some of us paid for, for free. No longer were we an exclusive "cult". Then the Uncensored show went from 2 hours to 1 hour...and that 1 hour was barely listenable except for Ned and 25cent kickin' in. But...we were able to have Shannon and Scotty add some extra content. Some secondary shows also took up the slack but the "marks" were way too pissed off at Bubba...rightfully so.

So when it comes to re-subscribing...everyone is so pissed off at Bubba, they all say "No fuckin' way will I give that fat fuck another penny!"...rightfully so, except...that money is what was payin' Shannon and Ledge and more importantly...Rick and Frank! Now, because none of you would cough up...$10...Ten mother-fuckin' dollars...they are gone. You all understand basic business and you all understand that to pay people...ya gotta make some money.

That brings me to the "mercial breaks at the half hour. Great idea! I fully support it but...SELL some fuckin' ads! Who the fuck is the sales person?...obviously nobody. Would it kill ya to go out and get some sponsors? That goes for Ledge and Shannon too. You need some cash...bring in some revenue. Bars, restaurants, whore houses...anything!

But really...everyone failed to see what the real "added value" truly was and none of you would stand up and tip the staff. I'll be waiting by my mailbox just in case that RadioIO Capt. shirt arrives.
FishMuskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:34 AM   #20
Ski Lo

vCash: 268304465
Ski Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud of

Sad.
Shannon's show was one of two radio shows I listened to everyday.
I kinda knew something was up when Shannon stopped doing Bubba's morning show.

Shannon and Rick do a great show.Hopefully another radio company will pick them up.

I wish luck to the both of them.

YOU GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!
Ski Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #21
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMuskys View Post

So when it comes to re-subscribing...everyone is so pissed off at Bubba, they all say "No fuckin' way will I give that fat fuck another penny!"...rightfully so, except...that money is what was payin' Shannon and Ledge and more importantly...Rick and Frank! Now, because none of you would cough up...$10...Ten mother-fuckin' dollars...they are gone. You all understand basic business and you all understand that to pay people...ya gotta make some money.

I can't even fathom blaming the audience. If the business model was that fucking bad then shame on them. It's not one listeners fault that this happened. For one, they tried to take an un-secure stream and sell secure subscriptions to it. That's on them dude. Not the listeners.

You don't blame the fans when a sports team is losing and not filling seats. You blame the shitty team.

RadioIO was a big company with other sources of revenue. If it was managed right, it wouldn't matter if the bubba fans subbed or not cause other revenue should have been able to cover the costs of Shannon and legers salary. IO was run like shit before bubba even got it and they did nothing to fix it.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #22
FatOldMan
New Mark

vCash: 9550000
FatOldMan has a spectacular aura aboutFatOldMan has a spectacular aura aboutFatOldMan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMuskys View Post
Well...this completely sucks. I'm listening to the Ledge show on download, thanks to Frank! Bubba definitely mishandled a great thing that was RadioIO. It only took him and Tom Bean 3 months to start the downward spiral by giving away the content, that some of us paid for, for free. No longer were we an exclusive "cult". Then the Uncensored show went from 2 hours to 1 hour...and that 1 hour was barely listenable except for Ned and 25cent kickin' in. But...we were able to have Shannon and Scotty add some extra content. Some secondary shows also took up the slack but the "marks" were way too pissed off at Bubba...rightfully so.

That brings me to the "mercial breaks at the half hour. Great idea! I fully support it but...SELL some fuckin' ads! Who the fuck is the sales person?...obviously nobody. Would it kill ya to go out and get some sponsors? That goes for Ledge and Shannon too. You need some cash...bring in some revenue. Bars, restaurants, whore houses...anything!

But really...everyone failed to see what the real "added value" truly was and none of you would stand up and tip the staff. I'll be waiting by my mailbox just in case that RadioIO Capt. shirt arrives.
Let me get this straight Fish, you are blaming this on the listeners?
Do you think more subscribers would have kept IO afloat?
Take a real good look at IO and you will see that it has always generated it's revenue by selling it's hopelessly diluted stock to inexperienced investors (i.e. Bubba Army).
It is not a radio station, it's only function was to sell stock. They didn't give a shit what was on when, if the stream was down, if the 3 hour delay was working or whatever. They made this very clear.

I understand some people were paying subscriptions to download archived shows, but why would anyone pay to listen to a free show?
FatOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #23
FishMuskys
Venison King!

FishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond repute

I don't Blame the listeners for the downfall...just sayin' that salaries must be paid for and without income...can't pay'em. Did you guys miss the part about the 'mercial breaks where I referenced NO NEW Ad's? Did you miss the part when I said that Bubba lost 3/4 of his paying audience 3 months into this adventure when him and Bean gave it away for free? Did I ask for your fuckin' opinion about my fuckin' opinion?

Didn't think so. If you fuckers want this all one sided...have at'er. But sometimes ya gotta have a little bit of realisim to your little reality.

Braun just homered to put the Brewers up 4-2 against the Reds.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #24
FishMuskys
Venison King!

hee heeee
Old 06-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #25
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

I blame that fat fuck for ruining everything by the way he runs his life and his business. Everyone deserted him, or he fired them, even Hatley left for a nothing "job", even though he claims to be fatty's friend to this day. He has no credibility, and no-one wants to hire him and Manson at this point.

The jig is up, the game is almost over now. Soon fatty will have his wish of working the BPR track full-time, and Manson, the one guy on the show who has always had real talent, will be working the flower shop with the wife. The BTLS show will be done forever, a mere 6 years after it was the 2nd biggest show on Sirius (2008).

What a fucking waste. I hope we hear Shannon again somewhere. Dude is money. Scott is a substance-abusing loser who hides in a haze of pot and alcohol, wasting his prodigious talents and intelligence while telling himself how the shit frees his mind. He'll probably end up homeless, even losing his dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
lets get to jerkin some cocks
PeteFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:15 PM   #26
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

(hey pete, long time no see)
Old 06-15-2014, 04:56 AM   #27
Dick
No Avatar

Dick is on a distinguished road

You look at all these station events- no mention of bubba. Drew is at a strip club, cows at another one, billy Madison ppl are flying in...

They're making moves, being active etc.

And Bubba is grading dirt. Which is fine, if that's what he wants to do, more power to him. But you can't expect to have any pull or to be treated like you're apart of the team when you don't participate. The. He does reallllyyyy stupid stuff like block everyone on twitter. That just proves everyone else right about him.
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #28
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

So now there's speculation that they had this planned down to the day to fire Shando and Ledge. Basically the rumor is that they waited 90 days to do it so the people that signed up for the year cannot get a refund via their CC companies. Sounds like a safe bet to assume it's true with Bubba and Bean at the helm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Cpt. Mcgillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #29
Lerch

vCash: 2000000000000
Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

Someone left this under my door.

Quote:
Wagz
@Wagz

@buzzardbob I think @BTLSRadio is contracted by io. I think @TheShannonBurke @DConRadioIo were also contracted by io. Bubba is bubba. Io is io. How is it his fault? Maybe more people should have kicked in for another year of programming and they would still be on now... Kinda hard to do that with whiny bitches like you because there's no live programming on Sunday or ya don't like certain shows....Want it all but give nothing that's what's fucked up.
Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #30
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fucking done with this shit. Not even gonna write up a long winded response so you all should be happy.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote