Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > Sports

Notices

Sports Talk about everything athletic here. NFL, MLB, NHL, NASCAR (der der der), MMA, hell, even wrasslin if you're so inclined.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:27 AM   #256
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyWVia7hzGs[/ame]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Cpt. Mcgillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #257
Lerch

vCash: 2000000000000
Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z4Hzo9UmrQ[/ame]
Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #258
Lerch

Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

Not what everyone wants to read or believe, but this article pretty much nails it.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_spot/...up_defeat.html
Old 06-27-2014, 08:16 AM   #259
Lerch

A lot of people hating on the World Cup and Soccer because the US lost, but still advanced. Talk about ignorance.

I know it's hard to wrap your head around it, but the first round is similar to a 'regular season'. A lot of teams lost, but they still play 3 games. In fact every single team that finished 2nd in their group lost one game.

Backing into the playoffs is very common in sports. Football and Baseball have 'wild cards', because they don't have enough great teams to qualify for playoffs. The NY Giants backed into the playoffs and beat an undefeated team for a championship. The Rays went to the WS after being a Wild Card. The list goes on.

I'm not trying to make anyone like Soccer, it's imperfect like every other sport. Go. USA!?

Last edited by Lerch; 06-27-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:46 AM   #260
Lerch

Next person who tells me Soccer and Golf is boring, and then wants me to talk about the NFL draft I'm gonna laugh in your face.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #261
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cpt., with full awareness of your disdain for me, I still have to say that you are making some strong points.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #262
Lerch

[ame]https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/482939676399898624[/ame]
Old 06-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #263
1c

vCash: 15034102362677
1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
A lot of people hating on the World Cup and Soccer because the US lost, but still advanced. Talk about ignorance.

I know it's hard to wrap your head around it, but the first round is similar to a 'regular season'. A lot of teams lost, but they still play 3 games. In fact every single team that finished 2nd in their group lost one game.

Backing into the playoffs is very common in sports. Football and Baseball have 'wild cards', because they don't have enough great teams to qualify for playoffs. The NY Giants backed into the playoffs and beat an undefeated team for a championship. The Rays went to the WS after being a Wild Card. The list goes on.

I'm not trying to make anyone like Soccer, it's imperfect like every other sport. Go. USA!?
I've enjoyed the cup this year.
I know we aren't gonna win the cup but IMHO
The world needs to take note from the USA , How we handle overtime in all 4 of our major sports.
It's not right, For some third world county ref to decide how much longer the game should go. :dontknow:
1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #264
Lerch

cool stuff. http://8bit-football.com/
Old 06-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #265
Lerch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1c View Post
I've enjoyed the cup this year.
I know we aren't gonna win the cup but IMHO
The world needs to take note from the USA , How we handle overtime in all 4 of our major sports.
It's not right, For some third world county ref to decide how much longer the game should go. :dontknow:
2 goals and 5 subs is 3.5 minutes added, and one of the US players carted off on a stretcher was the other 1.5 minutes. It's legit. There is a method. It sucked. The US could have played better, it's on them.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #266
Lerch

Hopefully Altidore plays, that would be great.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #267
Lerch

[ame]https://twitter.com/ussoccer/status/483274034634051585[/ame]
Old 06-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #268
Lerch

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnW6GlFYY6U[/ame]
Old 06-30-2014, 05:04 PM   #269
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
Old 06-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #270
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote: