Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #31
custard_assassin
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
custard_assassin is on a distinguished road

Personally I was a huge Bubba fan going back to the Power Pig days, but in all honesty his show has really lost it's juice in the past 5 years or so. He did a piss poor job of finding (and keeping) his supporting on-air talent. I never understood why he decided to bring 25cent back, I find that watching paint dry more interesting than him. Manson/Ned has really lost his edge, so much to the point that it seemed like Manson could rarely muster an opinion of his own (unless it agreed with Bubba's) and really the humor/content of the show was so outdated. I kept trying to give him another chance, morning after morning but always found myself changing the channel. I enjoyed Shannon's short stint and knew that even Shannon knew when it was time to jump from a sinking ship. The show was/is out of gas. I think Bubba really needs to take a step back and revamp the entire show.

On a side note, while I was trying to listen to the show yesterday, I changed the channel when Manson introduced his "new song" Isis, Isis Baby. Is it just me, or has Manson/Ned re-used the Ice Ice Baby song on at least 3 other parody songs? I can't name them off the top of my head but I know there are a few. Maybe Manson could use some time off as well to work on some new material.
custard_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #32
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddle View Post
Nope you would think but bubba was trying to be cheap and having the feed come from the Bone. Why do you think he tried to get Jared fired.
Ah. I thought the dead air was only on the Bone because I was listening to the io feed.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #33
Ulfric Stormcloak
Jarl Of Windhelm

Ulfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond repute

Super lol

That's all
Ulfric Stormcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #34
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by custard_assassin View Post
Personally I was a huge Bubba fan going back to the Power Pig days, but in all honesty his show has really lost it's juice in the past 5 years or so. He did a piss poor job of finding (and keeping) his supporting on-air talent. I never understood why he decided to bring 25cent back, I find that watching paint dry more interesting than him. Manson/Ned has really lost his edge, so much to the point that it seemed like Manson could rarely muster an opinion of his own (unless it agreed with Bubba's) and really the humor/content of the show was so outdated. I kept trying to give him another chance, morning after morning but always found myself changing the channel. I enjoyed Shannon's short stint and knew that even Shannon knew when it was time to jump from a sinking ship. The show was/is out of gas. I think Bubba really needs to take a step back and revamp the entire show.

On a side note, while I was trying to listen to the show yesterday, I changed the channel when Manson introduced his "new song" Isis, Isis Baby. Is it just me, or has Manson/Ned re-used the Ice Ice Baby song on at least 3 other parody songs? I can't name them off the top of my head but I know there are a few. Maybe Manson could use some time off as well to work on some new material.
mansons just way too out of touch

hey now and welcome btw
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #35
Ulfric Stormcloak
Jarl Of Windhelm

Ulfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond repute

:taff::lul: :taff: :sham:
Ulfric Stormcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #36
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

I'm starting to wonder if Bubba isn't going to end up on Sirius. Hatley there, Bubba not thinking this is a "sad day" per his tweet this PM.

I don't know why he bothers. It's just him, Manson and 25 anymore. Fucking sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
lets get to jerkin some cocks
PeteFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:29 PM   #37
FatOldMan
New Mark

vCash: 9550000
FatOldMan has a spectacular aura aboutFatOldMan has a spectacular aura aboutFatOldMan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by custard_assassin View Post

Do you really expect me to read all this shit?
FatOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:37 AM   #38
Kramer

Kramer is on a distinguished road

In at Sirius.

Watch.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #39
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
In at Sirius.

Watch.
I still can't watch but i'd listen

If bubba came back to sirius I would actually consider listening again. I like sirius's on demand features and can't stand commercials anymore. However, the show would still need to be majorly revamped to keep me as a listener. I'm not interested in ages 50+ radio topics
Old 08-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #40
bobbyda4
New Mark

bobbyda4 is on a distinguished road

I thought everyone loved Bubba? Guess not..at least we don't have to pay shannon .99 cents a day for his fuckin podcast-back to a free show. And I don't have to listen to bubba on 102.5 anymore..things are lookin up.
bobbyda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:38 AM   #41
Dr_Jeckyll
Destroyer Of Hope

Dr_Jeckyll has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Jeckyll has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
In at Sirius.

Watch.
Nope, part of Hatley's contract is he can't talk about bringing Bubba back to SXM.
Dr_Jeckyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:47 AM   #42
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

that sounds like the most ridiculous contract clause I've ever heard and wouldn't believe it until I saw the contract with my own eyes.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:26 AM   #43
Spaz
BMF

vCash: 99742590428
Spaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that sounds like the most ridiculous contract clause I've ever heard and wouldn't believe it until I saw the contract with my own eyes.
Not to mention "talking about bringing " and "bringing" are not the same thing.

Try me
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:05 PM   #44
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Bubba Clem @BTLSRadio · 3m
@MrMikeCalta u know shit. Keep sucking spices dick. Both of u will be exposed! #tonyburton #gawker

not for nothing bubba, but we've been hearing this for a long time about a LOT of shit.. wait till you hear, wait till you hear.

more like wait till i tell you to wait till I tell you some more

bring it, don't sing it.

Bubba Clem @BTLSRadio · 8m
@MrMikeCalta my listeners ur inheriting will not listen2 u. Just wait

he's right on that one. Even if I don't listen to bubba in the morning anymore, there's no way I can take cowhead and his vapid crew of airheads

COD
Old 08-31-2014, 08:17 PM   #45
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyda4 View Post
I thought everyone loved Bubba? Guess not..at least we don't have to pay shannon .99 cents a day for his fuckin podcast-back to a free show. And I don't have to listen to bubba on 102.5 anymore..things are lookin up.
I did like Bubba's show, when it was the whole crew, especially the first two years at Sirius. He has totally pushed out, fired, alienated, or gotten people to wise up and quit. Now, when Cox decides not to renew him at The Bone, he has to be - predictably - childish about things, making it personal with Mike Calta, Spice, and probably Shannon (although that shoe hasn't hit the floor yet).

As it stands, there's not much reason to listen to Bubba, Manson and 25 anymore. The show just doesn't have any chemistry or depth anymore. It's over.

Quote:
lets get to jerkin some cocks
PeteFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i got your trey right here bubba, Mess With The Best Die Like The Rest, no one listens to cowhead, so long fatass, YOU'RE FIRED!