Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #16
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/?podc...e&dcid=CBS.SAC

Adam talks about the Howard 101 situation at 8:35.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #17
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/?podc...e&dcid=CBS.SAC

Adam talks about the Howard 101 situation at 8:35.
care to transcribe what he said so I don't have to listen to his annoying voice?

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #18
Steve44
REAL good at drinkin' Beer!

vCash: 5000000
Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

Actually it's really nothing more than what Chob has written here before. Sirius " Are you interested in coming to Sirius?" AC- " Sure, How much?" Sirius-" Oh, we don't have any money" Same Sirius shit, different day.

What the fuck, Nerdboy?
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #19
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve44 View Post
Actually it's really nothing more than what Chob has written here before. Sirius " Are you interested in coming to Sirius?" AC- " Sure, How much?" Sirius-" Oh, we don't have any money" Same Sirius shit, different day.
Sirius XM is the Twilight Zone of the entertainment industry. So many media outlets will heap cash unto anyone they think can get a few people to watch. Proven talents like Bubba and Carolla with an audience of thousands get low balled, despite a company showing interest in them. Those with no proven ability to attract a radio audience get cash heaped on them. And going back to Ron and Fez, I can't imagine how little they get. Of course they never talk about it so maybe they have the right idea.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #20
Steve44
REAL good at drinkin' Beer!

vCash: 5000000
Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

Funny you say that. I've been a member of a local radio forum for about 8 years, and for the last 3, everytime someone brings up satellite radio, they all jump in with stuff like "How will SatRad survive"? I think my vision was blurred by my love of the content, although I'm guilty of listening to 3 or at best 4 channels.

What the fuck, Nerdboy?
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #21
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve44 View Post
Funny you say that. I've been a member of a local radio forum for about 8 years, and for the last 3, everytime someone brings up satellite radio, they all jump in with stuff like "How will SatRad survive"? I think my vision was blurred by my love of the content, although I'm guilty of listening to 3 or at best 4 channels.
It's a great platform, with some great content still despite what they've lost. But the screwed up priorities and lack of vision by the people in charge is fucking up the future of the platform. And satellite radio 2.0 may be a major thing for them, but the fact remains other services already have such a thing in place. On demand content is not a new thing, and if you ask me Sirius XM is taking too long to adapt, as well as sending the wrong message taking away the internet stream from paying customers.

It might not come through all the time, but I still very much like and believe in satellite radio. But it's dismaying to see the people in charge making such questionable decisions.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:09 AM   #22
NeTaS
Milk Mulisha

vCash: 1234082629786
NeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
It's a great platform, with some great content still despite what they've lost. But the screwed up priorities and lack of vision by the people in charge is fucking up the future of the platform. And satellite radio 2.0 may be a major thing for them, but the fact remains other services already have such a thing in place. On demand content is not a new thing, and if you ask me Sirius XM is taking too long to adapt, as well as sending the wrong message taking away the internet stream from paying customers.

It might not come through all the time, but I still very much like and believe in satellite radio. But it's dismaying to see the people in charge making such questionable decisions.
well said couldn't agree more,it's a shame what has happened since the merger,they have screwed the listeners every chance they get I for one love Howard and became a Bubba fan because of sirius but at this point am just disappointed in what has happened to the content at at sirius.I was hoping to get baseball after the merger and the ala cart package instead they raised prices and try to charge me 5 bucks more for baseball coverage,they can keep it I wont pay them another dime over the 180.00$ i already do.It is a sad state what has happened to H101.

Not Dead
NeTaS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #23
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeTaS View Post
well said couldn't agree more,it's a shame what has happened since the merger,they have screwed the listeners every chance they get I for one love Howard and became a Bubba fan because of sirius but at this point am just disappointed in what has happened to the content at at sirius.I was hoping to get baseball after the merger and the ala cart package instead they raised prices and try to charge me 5 bucks more for baseball coverage,they can keep it I wont pay them another dime over the 180.00$ i already do.It is a sad state what has happened to H101.
101 is even less of a channel now, the Miserable Men show called it quits last sunday

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote