Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > Politics and News

Notices

Politics and News Rant about politicians, the media, or whatever pisses you off about the world today.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #31
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
Hank will become famous soon enoughHank will become famous soon enough

No, we had to sign a 24 month minimum agreement. And a shit load of confidentiality agreements. We were a light infantry unit, which encompassed a wide array of MOS'.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #32
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

Man, looking back on it, that seems to be a real political answer...lol Oh yeah, guess I've rehearsed that one a few times...heh
Old 06-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #33
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
No, we had to sign a 24 month minimum agreement. And a shit load of confidentiality agreements. We were a light infantry unit, which encompassed a wide array of MOS'.
Of course they did let other MOS's in, but I was referring to the cohesion system they did!!

Triple vol for Ranger!!! 11B, Airborne, Ranger as one unit!! Then they would send some for other MOS you if they needed. Isn't this how they kept doin it??

Before, if you weren't 11B, you couldn't even go to Ranger school!!
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #34
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

Lol, ranger school is a school...being in battalion is a lifestyle. They started making a big deal over that bullshit halfway through my stint there. Just cause you go to school that don't make u a ranger...As far as I'm concerend you can shove that tab up ur ass if u weren't in batt. A patch don't make a rgr, being in batt. will.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #35
milkman
Rock Star

milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, true...but what I meant was didn't you go to basic, then 11b, or maybe it was combined for 11b, then to Airborne, then to RIP all as one unit???
Old 06-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #36
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

That was the standard templete. And the 11b MOS was pretty just an extension/ of basic training. But, I wasn't 11b but that was obvisiously the majority of the unit.

It took me almost a yr. to get there with all training included...
Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #37
milkman
Rock Star

hmmm, what MOS were ya?
Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #38
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

35 E, they've changed it since, not sure what the hell it is now.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #39
milkman
Rock Star

hmmm, commo??? Most 3x were, at least when I was in!!!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #40
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

I was in a commo section/platoon. But, I was S-4 if you want to get technical.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #41
milkman
Rock Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I was in a como section/platoon. But, I was S-4 if you want to get technical.
But what is 35E? I was 31V, Tac comm tech!! S-4 was intel, so you were comsec?
Old 06-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #42
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

Yeah I fixed comsec gear sight, nvg's all that shit, and manned the radio on jumps/missions. Si4 was where the ordinance boys where. I.E. mechanics and shit like that.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #43
milkman
Rock Star

That's what I did!! Although much older equip than you!! The KY series, Vincen, etc!!
The MI unit I was in last had all the shit!!!

Being attached to the LRSD plt was some shit!!! Never in a combat place though!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 AM   #44
Hank
Banned
No Avatar

Where were u stationed and what unit were u with, when were you in, what branch did you say u were in again?
Old 06-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #45
milkman
Rock Star

I originally went into the CA National Guard!! 31V, Tactical Comm in 2/185th Armor. I was pretty much full time though as we had 4 companies all over SoCal, and all our shit was at NTC. And I was the only one for the Bn

83 Basic in Ft Leonard Wood AIT Ft Sill

After 4 years they were going to reduce my position to normal guard time. I went active and went to the 194th MP company in Heilbronn Germany!!! Yep...me in a cop company!!! lol

Applied for Airborne school, got me orders when I PCS'd Euro and went to Benning! in Aug 88!! Tried as hard as I could to get diverted to Bragg!! Sig Corp wouldn't let me.
Pin point assignment to 104th MI Bn, Ft Carson. Still don't know why they wouldn't

That was me last duty!!! That's all I got!!!

Last edited by milkman; 06-14-2009 at 12:16 AM.