Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > Politics and News

Notices

Politics and News Rant about politicians, the media, or whatever pisses you off about the world today.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
Spaz
BMF

vCash: 99742590428
Spaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shame on Google !!

Think it's all harmless,the kids are the target .

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/goog...urity-numbers/

Try me
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
kali
the tick under your skin

vCash: 5000000
kali has a spectacular aura aboutkali has a spectacular aura about

what parent actually types in the last four numbers of their kids' SS in ANY online contest???

kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Spaz
BMF

Spaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond reputeSpaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post
what parent actually types in the last four numbers of their kids' SS in ANY online contest???
Are you blaming the parents for their ignorance or naivety ? Just glossing by the bigger issue that google is shady as the day is long ?

Try me
Old 02-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
kali
the tick under your skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAZ View Post
Are you blaming the parents for their ignorance or naivety ? Just glossing by the bigger issue that google is shady as the day is long ?
if you are going to bring children in the world you better NOT be ignorant or naive. The whole point of being a parent is to Protect children from their own ignorance.

This isn't about Google. this is about The Buyer Beware. There all sorts of criminals and shady dealings in the world. and THAT is the biggest issue.

who else can a child depend on but their parent?

Old 02-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

fuck google and fuck the kids!

that's right I said it!

seriously though - I agree with both of you here...

parents need to look out for shit like this no matter what the source - and I haven't trusted google for a long time - asking for a cell number to sign up a new email? shady... and a text scam waiting to happen

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:24 AM   #6
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Jack View Post
fuck google and fuck the kids!

that's right I said it!

seriously though - I agree with both of you here...

parents need to look out for shit like this no matter what the source - and I haven't trusted google for a long time - asking for a cell number to sign up a new email? shady... and a text scam waiting to happen
It's weird dude. I signed up two gmail accounts lately, one for the Bubbapedia, and wasn't asked for a phone number. But yeah, parents need to keep their eyes on their kids, an hell yes Google is shady as fuck and we've known that a long time.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
Spaz
BMF

Quote:

This isn't about Google. this is about The Buyer Beware. There all sorts of criminals and shady dealings in the world. and THAT is the biggest issue.
So you are saying that it's OK to be a SHADY COMPANY and do SHADY SHIT ? That if the company itself just quit doing theSHADY SHIT that would solve nothing ?

So in a nutshell it's ok to steal the identity of stupid peoples kids ,cause they don't matter .

Where as i think that if you STOP the shady company from doing SHADY SHIT it will protect EVERYONE ....CAUSE BEING STUPID (although funny at times ) IS NOT A CRIME , STEALING IDENTITY is ..

Try me
Old 02-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #8
Steve44
REAL good at drinkin' Beer!

Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So you are saying that it's OK to be a SHADY COMPANY and do SHADY SHIT ? That if the company itself just quit doing theSHADY SHIT that would solve nothing ?

So in a nutshell it's ok to steal the identity of stupid peoples kids ,cause they don't matter .

Where as i think that if you STOP the shady company from doing SHADY SHIT it will protect EVERYONE ....CAUSE BEING STUPID (although funny at times ) IS NOT A CRIME , STEALING IDENTITY is ..
Trouble with that Spaz, is it's a much more difficult thing to do. Protecting your kids from these shady bastards should be top of mind. It works faster, and takes up way less of your time, freeing up more time to ride dirt bikes.

What the fuck, Nerdboy?
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #9
kali
the tick under your skin

Thumbs up

Quote:

when did I Ever say it was ok to rip people off??

not ever. But there's only ONE way to protect yourself or others...and that is BE SMART. don't expect some Big Daddy to come and help you.

You don't see me giving personal info on the internet. I just don't. And that has been true since the beginning of the internet.

A wise person is street smart and that has to include the virtual streets of the interWEBS. I am naturally distrustful of people claiming to give me something for nothing - as long as they get my phone number, my ss number, my bank number......etc. Stuff like that rings bells for me. Come, you HAVE seen those Nigerian emails, right?

also, NO ONE needs your SS number. No One.
the minute someone asks for it you should run fast, run far

word to the wise

Old 02-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #10
Spaz
BMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve44 View Post
Trouble with that Spaz, is it's a much more difficult thing to do. Protecting your kids from these shady bastards should be top of mind. It works faster, and takes up way less of your time, freeing up more time to ride dirt bikes.
I get that ....steve i watch my kids like a hawk ...i don't sign them up for anything nor give out NO info on them . So i'm not gonna be a victim like that . Whether i use common sense and some other parents don't, IT STILL DOESN'T EXCUSE GOOGLE FOR STEALING IDENTITIES PERIOD !!!!

Try me
Old 02-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #11
Spaz
BMF

Quote:
when did I Ever say it was ok to rip people off??

not ever. But there's only ONE way to protect yourself or others...and that is BE SMART. don't expect some Big Daddy to come and help you.

You don't see me giving personal info on the internet. I just don't. And that has been true since the beginning of the internet.

A wise person is street smart and that has to include the virtual streets of the interWEBS. I am naturally distrustful of people claiming to give me something for nothing - as long as they get my phone number, my ss number, my bank number......etc. Stuff like that rings bells for me. Come, you HAVE seen those Nigerian emails, right?

also, NO ONE needs your SS number. No One.
the minute someone asks for it you should run fast, run far

word to the wise
I didn't after re-reading my post i left off a question mark. oops .
i agree with all the GREAT advice in your reply and i am as skeptical a person there is .
Though when i posted the google info it wasn't to put the "smarts" of the people
on trial,it was the fact that google was/is trying to steal identities and that is wrong plain and simple.
Or in effect smartening up the the people .

Try me
Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #12
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't think you underlined and bold'd enough in this post

COD
Old 02-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #13
Steve44
REAL good at drinkin' Beer!

Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I get that ....steve i watch my kids like a hawk ...i don't sign them up for anything nor give out NO info on them . So i'm not gonna be a victim like that . Whether i use common sense and some other parents don't, IT STILL DOESN'T EXCUSE GOOGLE FOR STEALING IDENTITIES PERIOD !!!!
Absolutely. There is no excuse for what they(and many other crooked companies) are doing. I argued for well over an hour with a cell Phone rep about texts that cost $5. a piece for the dingbat, even though she never agreed to any of it. 1 hour later, she credited $150. back. It's all bullshit, and it's wrong.

What the fuck, Nerdboy?
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #14
Spaz
BMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Jack View Post
I don't think you underlined and bold'd enough in this post
remember you said this

Try me
Old 03-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #15
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
remember you said this
ok I will :jdance:

COD