Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
TelegramSam

vCash: 5000000
TelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of light
Default Generic Wrestling Podcast Thread

I figured I'd start one of these instead of another show specific one (or post in the Slack thread so that RS's head doesn't explode). Anyway, for old school WCW fans, Jim Ross has done two solid podcasts with Cowboy Bill Watts and Tony Schiavone. http://podcastone.com/The-Ross-Report It's pretty intersting, since most podcast talk these days relates to the Bischoff/Hogan era and later WCW. If you're a fan of that earlier era of WCW, it's worth checking out. Schiavone also gets into the NItro era through to the end. Unrelated to that, his interview with Stan Hansen was pretty good as well.

I also wanted to recommend Colt Cabana's interview with DDP, for anyone who is a fan of his or the Nitro era in general. http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/
TelegramSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

I really dislike JR but I might take a listen just to confirm I still dislike him
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
TelegramSam

TelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of lightTelegramSam is a glorious beacon of light

This is an old one, but I thought I'd recommend it since a lot of people haven't heard it. Anyway, it's Colt Cabana interviewing Buff Bagwell where Bagwell tells the story about how he shot his dad. Pretty crazy stuff. http://www.tsmradio.com/colthold2/show191.mp3
Old 10-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #4
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelegramSam View Post
This is an old one, but I thought I'd recommend it since a lot of people haven't heard it. Anyway, it's Colt Cabana interviewing Buff Bagwell where Bagwell tells the story about how he shot his dad. Pretty crazy stuff. http://www.tsmradio.com/colthold2/show191.mp3
This sounds too good to miss
Old 10-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #5
TelegramSam

It's not as good as that one, but tying in with tonight's TNA, Colt Cabana's podcast with Sharkboy is great too. http://www.tsmradio.com/colthold2/show166.mp3
Old 10-15-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

I thought TNA's sharkboy was like the third guy to play him?
Old 10-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #7
TelegramSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
I thought TNA's sharkboy was like the third guy to play him?
As far as I know, Dean Roll is the Shark Boy in TNA (and that interview). According to him, he owns the trademark on the name and actually sued those other Shark Boys to make them quit using the character.

Last edited by TelegramSam; 10-16-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #8
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Sam probably already knows this, but Bobcat gold...wate? wait? weight? - The dude from police academy - was on Roddy Pipers Podcast and they got into some of the andy kaufman stuff. Lots of crazy andy stories and just crazy stories in general. Bobcat did set a chair on fire on arsenio back in the day...
Old 11-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #9
TelegramSam

That was a great interview. While I'm thinking about it, Colt Cabana just did a good one with Danny Davis of Ohio Valley Wrestling: http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2014/...danny-davis-2/
Old 11-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #10
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Stone cold with Bill Apter is pretty solid. He hardly lets steve get a word in for once.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:05 AM   #11
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

CM Punk opens up about leaving WWE.
http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2014/...w-226-cm-punk/

SJ, you need to listen to this. See if it doesn't change your mind about him just a bit and you no longer buy into the "he's a crybaby bitch" narrative.

And for a teaser, he didn't quit, he was fired on his wedding day. And WWE's doctor misdiagnosed a Staph infection that could've killed him.

Backup in case TSM is still down.
http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/welo...?autoplay=true
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #12
TelegramSam

I just listened to this myself, GREAT podcast. This is the same shit that Piper and Ventura have said for years, but this narrative of a kinder, gentler Vince seems to be bullshit based on what CM Punk said.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #13
TelegramSam

I just ran across an interesting podcast where RD Reynolds (of WrestleCrap) discusses The Death of WCW (the book). http://supertotallyawesome.com/wp-co...tePantsWCW.mp3
Old 12-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
Ken Masters
Super Moderator

Ken Masters is a jewel in the roughKen Masters is a jewel in the roughKen Masters is a jewel in the roughKen Masters is a jewel in the rough

The new pipers pit talking death of wcw is good
Ken Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #15
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Some real good insight from pipers perspective on wcw and russo

Though his knowledge of wcw before he got there is awful