Notices

The Kingdom General/Off-topic Forum/Tech & Gaming

Old 02-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
NY_FTE
Verbal Human Bumper Sticker

vCash: 5000000
NY_FTE will become famous soon enough
Default Itunes music tryin 2 get from wifes ipod says protected

Hi im a real dummy when it comes to this stuff.heres my problem .my wife has ipod touch and her own laptop.i have a ipod touch and my own laptop.we each have itunes accounts.she has like 4k songs i have 150.She made a backup cds but it wont let me put them on my ipod says its protected.I googled and i guess i need to remove DRM?.i dont trust the software they say to use.Anyone ever done this or know how i can do it real easy?I mean like fisher price easy if possible lol. Any help would be GWEAT!!!thanks.
NY_FTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateFTE View Post
Hi im a real dummy when it comes to this stuff.heres my problem .my wife has ipod touch and her own laptop.i have a ipod touch and my own laptop.we each have itunes accounts.she has like 4k songs i have 150.She made a backup cds but it wont let me put them on my ipod says its protected.I googled and i guess i need to remove DRM?.i dont trust the software they say to use.Anyone ever done this or know how i can do it real easy?I mean like fisher price easy if possible lol. Any help would be GWEAT!!!thanks.
this was a major problem with itunes - you guys should have bought all the music under one account...

your best bet is to sync YOUR ipod to HER computer - it will ask you if you want to re-assign the ipod - say yes and it will sync with HER music.... however your music will now be un-accessible

all new music purchased from itunes it DRM free I believe... but they fucked everyone in the beginning good.

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
NY_FTE

oh ok .I thought there was ways around it.thanks for info.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
WadeJordan

vCash: 7495758
WadeJordan has a spectacular aura aboutWadeJordan has a spectacular aura aboutWadeJordan has a spectacular aura about

i thought thats what that home share feature was for
WadeJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
NY_FTE

Home share? im not sure.I got them to play on my computer with the backup cd but they wont go to my ipod.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

You could try e-mailing iTunes support and perhaps they could help you find a way around it. That's why I stuck with CD's in the early days of iTunes, I wasn't going to deal with the DRM bullshit. Actually I still stick with CD's today.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
NY_FTE

ok ill try that.I didnt know if they frowned opon this type of thing.But hey her dollar is my dollar way i see it lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
WadeJordan

vCash: 7495758
WadeJordan has a spectacular aura aboutWadeJordan has a spectacular aura aboutWadeJordan has a spectacular aura about

wouldnt let me copy and past

but here is the just

home sharing.
helps you manage your family ITunes collection by coping Itunes Purchasesamoung computers in your home, Itunes auto coping new purcheses or the ones of your choice

an Itunes store account is required, use same account for all shared computers
WadeJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #9
NY_FTE

ok cool ill have wife try and do it again.i also emailed apple ill see what they say also.thanks guys
Old 02-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #10
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeJordan View Post
i thought thats what that home share feature was for
I'm pretty sure that's for sharing 1 account across more then one computer

for instance I use that on both my macs so I can access my itunes on both computers... still 1 account though

COD
Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #11
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateFTE View Post
ok ill try that.I didnt know if they frowned opon this type of thing.But hey her dollar is my dollar way i see it lol.
see if you can merge accounts maybe?

COD
Old 02-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #12
NY_FTE

thanks for the info guys.