Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Kevin Gaspar
BWO 4 Life!

vCash: 5000000
Kevin Gaspar is on a distinguished road
Default Interested to knw how you listen...

I have an Android phone, an HTC EVO with Sprint. Im a cable guy and drive around the Charlotte, NC area M-F. I bought a nifty car cradle charger that broadcasts via FM like my old Sirius S50 did. I try to listen live to the AM show starting at 8am. My signal outside of Charlotte is very spotty so I have to plug my fm transmitter into my work laptop with a verizon air card. It streams flawlessly. Im in and out of my van all day so I catch bits and pieces. I try to connect via wifi to radioio.com ondemand and get the uncensored show to download .mp3 (I try not to use my work laptop to download 100 meg files) I also found another site (which will remain nameless) which streams Howard for free and provides links to Bubbas AM and uncensored show. I dumped Sirius for fucking Bubba over, but I miss Howard. When I get home, I download Kevin's Law, Diacos, Spice Happy Hour, Clusterfuck, Shannon Burke, and Drew. I listen to those shows on my phone with headphones around the house and when Ive heard the repeats too many times at work. I just wondered how you all listen?
Kevin Gaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

I usually listen at home on the player or download a show that I wanted to hear and listen on ipod or at home.

for sirius I listen online but that's only once in a blue moon now.

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 AM   #3
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Mon-Fri I listen to the first two hours of the AM show on my iPhone as I'm getting ready for work, walking the dog in the AM, driving to work, etc. From there, I either listen on the ioDesktop app at work or, more than likely, don't get to listen much at all. I record the IO show on my Macbook Pro Mon-Thu though (1/2 the size of the official download, same quality) and listen to it during the week.

I catch the 8:00 shows I like on my iPhone or via download and play them whenever I have time to listen.

If I have a lot of free time coming up, I'll download a bunch of Sirius shows and listen to them on my iPhone as time allows.

I still have my Sirius subscription, but I don't listen to Howard at all anymore after ~25 years. His show had become incredibly repetitive and tired, and I was hoping he didn't re-sign. I tune in Ferrall when there's nothing I need to hear on radioIO.
PeteFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteFromPA View Post
Mon-Fri I listen to the first two hours of the AM show on my iPhone as I'm getting ready for work, walking the dog in the AM, driving to work, etc. From there, I either listen on the ioDesktop app at work or, more than likely, don't get to listen much at all. I record the IO show on my Macbook Pro Mon-Thu though (1/2 the size of the official download, same quality) and listen to it during the week.

I catch the 8:00 shows I like on my iPhone or via download and play them whenever I have time to listen.

If I have a lot of free time coming up, I'll download a bunch of Sirius shows and listen to them on my iPhone as time allows.

I still have my Sirius subscription, but I don't listen to Howard at all anymore after ~25 years. His show had become incredibly repetitive and tired, and I was hoping he didn't re-sign. I tune in Ferrall when there's nothing I need to hear on radioIO.
MAC fag IDENTIFIED!!!!!!!

COD
Old 06-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Jack View Post
I usually listen at home on the player or download a show that I wanted to hear and listen on ipod or at home.
This. I don't have a smart phone. Maybe the iPhone 5 on Verizon or something if there's a decent "unlimited" data plan, who knows.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
This. I don't have a smart phone. Maybe the iPhone 5 on Verizon or something if there's a decent "unlimited" data plan, who knows.
I need my phone for phone calls - I don't want to drain the battery or constantly charge it or have it go dead when I actually need it to make a call...

plus the audio is just too low.

COD
Old 06-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
Steve44
REAL good at drinkin' Beer!

Steve44 will become famous soon enoughSteve44 will become famous soon enough

If I'm at home, I'll use the desktop app. Pretty good, considering my ISP is wireless 3g.
In the Truck, where I still spend most of the time, I stream with this Chinese Huawei 8100 Android phone, and an FM Tx. Fuck did I get pissed off today though. He read this e-mail from some asshole at 10:45 or so, and as soon as he was about to respond, the stream dropped out, no 3G.FUCK!!!!! Took 5 minutes to get it back...Just in time for the Rent and roll spot.

What the fuck, Nerdboy?
Steve44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #8
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Jack View Post
MAC fag IDENTIFIED!!!!!!!

I know the secret silhouette dance, too, Mr. Painty Nails.
PeteFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:32 AM   #9
Teambaylagoon
Full Cubicle Effect

Teambaylagoon has a spectacular aura aboutTeambaylagoon has a spectacular aura aboutTeambaylagoon has a spectacular aura about

I listen to the FM show on the radio on the way to work. Once I get to work I continue listening to the FM show, but through IO, Bubba 1 on my iPhone, and then of course Bubba 2 for the uncensored show.

Don't tax my gig so hardcore cruster!
Teambaylagoon is offline   Reply With Quote