Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #61
Thanos

vCash: 10621959
Thanos will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
Yeah Thanos, saw that last night.
Not that it really matters, I've not listened to Stern regularly in a while. Think I came to the realization that it was Artie keeping me hooked. The way Bubba's shows have been as of late, he's starting to lose me too.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #62
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

vCash: 41107781276966
Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Not that it really matters, I've not listened to Stern regularly in a while. Think I came to the realization that it was Artie keeping me hooked. The way Bubba's shows have been as of late, he's starting to lose me too.
I know what you man, I used to hang on Bubba's every word on the show and would be pissed if I missed a show, now I don't give a rat's ass if I miss a show or not (haven't for quite a long time now) pretty much since the bone went to all talk.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #63
Thanos

Quote:
I know what you man, I used to hang on Bubba's every word on the show and would be pissed if I missed a show, now I don't give a rat's ass if I miss a show or not (haven't for quite a long time now) pretty much since the bone went to all talk.
At the same time, I'm not mad at Bubba. He's done a lot of great radio over the years. He's done his time, so to speak. He doesn't owe anyone anything. I'm very thankful for all the great entertainment he's provided. Now, at the back half of his radio career, he's taking it easy. I get that... and I'm not upset about it. He wants to spend all day at the BRP, or with Tyler. That's cool with me.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #64
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Cpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond reputeCpt. Mcgillicutty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At the same time, I'm not mad at Bubba. He's done a lot of great radio over the years. He's done his time, so to speak. He doesn't owe anyone anything. I'm very thankful for all the great entertainment he's provided. Now, at the back half of his radio career, he's taking it easy. I get that... and I'm not upset about it. He wants to spend all day at the BRP, or with Tyler. That's cool with me.
That's fine but at that point retire and make way for someone who wants to be there. Nothing worse than seeing someone hang on past their relevancy, ala Namath, Johnny U, Willy Mays,etc, you get what I mean. Ride off into the sunset on your John Deere but leave radio to the guys that are still hungry.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #65
Thanos

Quote:
That's fine but at that point retire and make way for someone who wants to be there. Nothing worse than seeing someone hang on past their relevancy, ala Namath, Johnny U, Willy Mays,etc, you get what I mean. Ride off into the sunset on your John Deere but leave radio to the guys that are still hungry.
That's an excellent point too, to which I also agree. At the end of the day, Bubba's got to decide what he's happy with and just DO IT. I get the impression that he's got his hands in too many different pots. A man stretched too thin can't do much of anything well.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #66
NeTaS
Milk Mulisha

vCash: 1234082629786
NeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond repute

I think he does owe us something,he pushed this IO deal as new and the next best thing,and never delivered on it,at least Stern gave me 5 good years at Sirius before he went the phone it in rout

Not Dead
Old 04-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #67
NeTaS
Milk Mulisha

vCash: 1234082629786
NeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond reputeNeTaS has a reputation beyond repute

Not to mention it's April 1st how many IO shows have there been this year

Not Dead
Old 04-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #68
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
That's an excellent point too, to which I also agree. At the end of the day, Bubba's got to decide what he's happy with and just DO IT. I get the impression that he's got his hands in too many different pots. A man stretched too thin can't do much of anything well.
Exactly and it seems as if all those pots he has his hands in are more important than his radio career. He's missed out on a lot of opportunities and squandered many others and now sits back and realizes it, yet won't do what it takes to right the ship. Pretty sad if you ask me.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #69
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeTaS View Post
Not to mention it's April 1st how many IO shows have there been this year
He's missed more than he's done Netas, that's for sure
Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #70
Thanos

Quote:
Exactly and it seems as if all those pots he has his hands in are more important than his radio career. He's missed out on a lot of opportunities and squandered many others and now sits back and realizes it, yet won't do what it takes to right the ship. Pretty sad if you ask me.
My gut instincts tell me that Bubba hangs on to his radio career for two reasons.

1) It's his safe zone.

2) He thinks the road to worldwide super-stardom leads through Radioland.

The problem, especially in a post-internet age, is that you most assuredly will not get famous by doing radio (or essentially podcasting). He's got to let such an idea go. You can not and will not gain serious notoriety by just doing radio. He's on the right track with the Bubba Army brand, but it's got to be exploited in another manner (and I'm not talking more chicken dip). He should move the brand towards apparel and lifestyle merchandise. Think along the lines of Dickies, Mossy Oak, Browning and the whole "Git-R-Done" craze. How many white trash / redneck chicks do you see sporting a pink Browning decal on the back of their 1996 Ford Explorer? A lot! Or guys wearing Mossy Oak hoodies while out swiping their EBT at Wal-Mart on the first of the month?

Last edited by Thanos; 04-01-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #71
Cpt. Mcgillicutty
Baby Yoda aficionado

I don't disagree with you one bit Thanos, but my gut instinct tells me when the IO deal runs out in 2014, he holds on to FM and when that deal ends, he's done in radio. How long do you think St Louis AM radio works out for him? It was a good run for him, but let's face it, it's over IMO...
Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #72
Thanos

Quote:
I don't disagree with you one bit Thanos, but my gut instinct tells me when the IO deal runs out in 2014, he holds on to FM and when that deal ends, he's done in radio. How long do you think St Louis AM radio works out for him? It was a good run for him, but let's face it, it's over IMO...
Just from what I know about St. Louis (being a massive Cardinals fan)... the deal isn't that fruitful. St. Louis is a sports town. Bubba is going to face some stiff competition from other sports-related programming on the AM dial in St. Louis. How he takes the #1 spot is beyond me.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #73
Thanos

In reference to our current conversation, I spoke with Spice years ago when they first got the deal in Richmond (I used to live near there). I explained that they were going to have a tough time for a few reasons. First, the station that picked them up had a horrible signal. You could barely hear them in Richmond in some places, much less in the suburbs or out in the Central VA area. Second, the top dog morning radio jock was (and still is) Elliot Segal. He's at DC101, but they simulcast in Richmond on 102.1 the X (hate that fucking name, it was XL102 for ages). He puts on a great program and his fans are L-O-Y-A-L. I don't think Spice believed me, though.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #74
FishMuskys
Venison King!

vCash: 100000000
FishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeTaS View Post
guess I didn't miss much falling back asleep
Me neither. My grandson woke me up so we went right into Rebecca Black's Friday song.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #75
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Let's kick this pig!

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
Closed Thread

Tags
102.5 The Bone, 103.1 The Blaze, 590 The Man, 96 K-Rock, 98 Rock, Brent Hatley, BTLS, Bubba Clem, bubba the love sponge, Hurricane Boner, Manson, NED, Nedley Mandingo, Radioio, radioio.com, Tara Clem