Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:21 AM   #16
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scales View Post
The iggy I am listening to must be behinid. I was auto logged out and did not see you posted. Or did he maybe mention him twice.
Nah. You heard what I heard.

Think about this, I've beat this to death on DRC and here, but here goes.

Radioio is not making Bubba any cash for three months anyway. And the major source of cash eventually will be people signing up for the full Bubba experience. If they do talk in the future about a deal, the Radioio show should be part of that discussion. Being 2 hours less, it makes it easier to rearrange the schedule and fit it in. And Howard wants to end the show at 10? That's around when Bubba ends FM, and he could flip right over to Radioio simulcast on Sirius XM. Sirius XM pays a flat rate for a Radioio simulcast, with less liability in the case that a stunt or something goes wrong.

If this doesn't happen, a lot of people are missing the boat. If they don't want to mess with the Stern channels, put it on Raw Dog. Stars Too has an existing lineup. Raw Dog last I checked doesn't do anything but play comedy bits during that time.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #17
Scales
Huge penis guy

vCash: 5000000
Scales is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
Nah. You heard what I heard.

Think about this, I've beat this to death on DRC and here, but here goes.

Radioio is not making Bubba any cash for three months anyway. And the major source of cash eventually will be people signing up for the full Bubba experience. If they do talk in the future about a deal, the Radioio show should be part of that discussion. Being 2 hours less, it makes it easier to rearrange the schedule and fit it in. And Howard wants to end the show at 10? That's around when Bubba ends FM, and he could flip right over to Radioio simulcast on Sirius XM. Sirius XM pays a flat rate for a Radioio simulcast, with less liability in the case that a stunt or something goes wrong.

If this doesn't happen, a lot of people are missing the boat.
What would be the motivation for anyone to pay for radioio if they already had sirius?
Scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #18
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What would be the motivation for anyone to pay for radioio if they already had sirius?
Being able to listen on demand and for the archive of old shows.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #19
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's a lot of people that won't pay for two services. If Sirius XM pays a certain amount of money for that show, it'll make up some of the loss he'd have for people not signing up.

And the one uncensored show is what Sirius XM gets, but not the 24/7 Bubba channel, or the show archives, the music channels, etc.

If played right, Sirius XM could be the best venue he has to advertise the full Bubba package. Not to mention get him in cars that can't get internet radio.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 AM   #20
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
How are you holding up after getting the axe from the MM forum?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #21
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How are you holding up after getting the axe from the MM forum?
I thought the Jack and Rod comment was pretty funny.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #22
Chob

Quote:
I thought the Jack and Rod comment was pretty funny.
Nothing too over the top. Maybe it was a cumulative thing.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #23
Chob

I flipped to the Jax feed. The Favre song was playing. So good thing hell won't break loose again.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #24
Chob

Grandma Seizure.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #25
Scales
Huge penis guy

vCash: 5000000
Scales is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Would you pay $15 / month for that?
Scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:44 AM   #26
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon482 View Post
listening to io broadcast and not impressed yet. sounds like the same old shit. get into what people want to hear about or just don't bother. people want to know about sirius not spice's ex girlfriend from 5 years ago.
I don't give a flying fuck about sirius - howards on for 5 years - what else does anyone need to know?

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:44 AM   #27
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
whoops misread that... damn morning eyes...

15 for sirius - 5 for IO....

20 bucks a month... still cheaper then my habits

COD
Old 01-03-2011, 07:44 AM   #28
Chob

Quote:
I think the $13 a month will include all the Bubba Raw video as well.

Whatever it turns out to be, doing the free three months right now is probably the smartest thing they could do in the long run.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #29
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
R&F on audible
I'm the only person I know that does that. And I hardly ever hear that show anymore.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #30
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
I'm the only person I know that does that. And I hardly ever hear that show anymore.
lots of others subscribe... they're just on the xm side of the fence... we don't hear from them much

COD