Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Radio IO/Bubba Fantasy Draft

So I had a thought the other day...

after noticing how everyone, including myself, loves to be a backseat programmer, I thought I would start a thread for us to fantasy program the Bubba Channels on RadioIO...

So who would you put on Bubba's Channel?
What Time slots do you want filled?
Start another channel just for replays?

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
triley
BWO 4 Life!
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
triley is on a distinguished road

i know ive already talked about this but i would really like to see a "bubba trae" channel...capt. thunder,diacos,manson,spiz' happy hour,all of it...put on a rotator,start with whatever airs at night and replay it during the day..i see that blind lawrence goes on this site,does he have any juice on the show to mention this?
triley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by triley View Post
i know ive already talked about this but i would really like to see a "bubba trae" channel...capt. thunder,diacos,manson,spiz' happy hour,all of it...put on a rotator,start with whatever airs at night and replay it during the day..i see that blind lawrence goes on this site,does he have any juice on the show to mention this?
have you emailed the idea to spice sabian?

COD
Old 05-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Talent wise my top fantasy picks would be:

-Ron and Fez - especially if they could pay East Side Dave enough to reunite with the show. There's been talk for a while of O&A possibly going their separate ways and I wouldn't expect 202 to go on without them.

-Phil Hendrie (might be difficult due to current contractual obligations)

-Lynn Samuels who just got screwed over by Sirius XM. She's funny as hell. I know CM agrees. I know she's a political talker but her no nonsense style would appeal to Bubba. She wouldn't be good fit on Bubba's channels though, so she'd probably be better off on a spinoff channel.

-Kevin Smith expressed an interest in a radioIO show and that would be huge.

I'd like a Bubba Three as well, that way we could possibly get a daily afternoon show in, as well as replays of other shows that don't get as many replays.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
ehames005
BWO 4 Life!

ehames005 is on a distinguished road

Another good political guy I would love to see on IO is Andrew Wilkow. I think a debate show with him and Brent would be mind blowing both are super smart and have a ton of facts to back up there arguments/points of view
ehames005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Here's how I would do it:

Bubba 1 - FM Live in the morning, FM replays the rest of the day

bubba 2 - Uncensored IO Show, debriefing, afternoon drive would be kevin smith or Jay Thomas with Shuli, Ron and Fez can have a slot from 6-8 before the 8pm regular shows that are on now... but I would also add another block of shows to take the channel to midnight. Phil Hendrie would be perfect 10-12pm...

oh and I would add bubba 3 and put in on a steady rotation kinda like howard 101, so you knew you could tune in at ___ and hear yesterdays ___ show

COD
Old 05-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
BlindLawrence
Sideways photos

vCash: 11573243
BlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehames005 View Post
Another good political guy I would love to see on IO is Andrew Wilkow. I think a debate show with him and Brent would be mind blowing both are super smart and have a ton of facts to back up there arguments/points of view
Bubba has spoken highly of Andrew many times.

Ferrall would feel at home at Radioio, he even said in january that he's disgusted with the way Sirius has handled him. Hell I'd even put Jim Rome on, the clones going uncensored, Rome's audience is very much like the Bubba Army, very cult like.

As for Phil Hendrie on Radioio, I think a majoirty of the audience would be in on the joke, however, Phil is a great monologist.

"Nice throw Casey Anthony." - Stewie Griffin
BlindLawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

1) Scott Ferrall. He would THRIVE on radioio.com and almost CERTAINLY would be treated better than he has been on Sirius. He would be a major piece of the puzzle on radioio.

2) Kidd Chris. He did a good show in Philly and would fit in well with the shenanigans on radioio.com.

3) Riley Martin. Why not?
PeteFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
Doug Clem
BWO 4 Life!
No Avatar

Doug Clem is on a distinguished road

Jorge Rodriguez would be good, he is Neil Rogers old producer. He is very much like Brent.
Doug Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #10
BlindLawrence
Sideways photos

vCash: 11573243
BlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud ofBlindLawrence has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Clem View Post
Jorge Rodriguez would be good, he is Neil Rogers old producer. He is very much like Brent.
If he was still with us, I'd put Neil in the running. RIP.

"Nice throw Casey Anthony." - Stewie Griffin
BlindLawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #11
ehames005
BWO 4 Life!

ehames005 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLawrence View Post
Bubba has spoken highly of Andrew many times.
That is why I think it actually could happen with Andrew, once his Sirius contract is over. He is the ONLY reason that I still have a Sirius subscription still.
ehames005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #12
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteFromPA View Post
1) Scott Ferrall. He would THRIVE on radioio.com and almost CERTAINLY would be treated better than he has been on Sirius. He would be a major piece of the puzzle on radioio.

2) Kidd Chris. He did a good show in Philly and would fit in well with the shenanigans on radioio.com.

3) Riley Martin. Why not?
IO needs some kind of regular paranormal/conspiracy show...

Riley... well ok, just cause I like running tobaggans on him but... they need someone like George Norray or Art Bell IMO to give it some credibility

COD
Old 05-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #13
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Jack View Post
George Norray or Art Bell
Quote:
credibility
I get what you're saying though.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #14
PeteFromPA
Internet Vagabond

PeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to beholdPeteFromPA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
IO needs some kind of regular paranormal/conspiracy show...

Riley... well ok, just cause I like running tobaggans on him but... they need someone like George Norray or Art Bell IMO to give it some credibility
Clayton Morris does a paranormal podcast show, but I just don't see him fitting in on radioio.com. Stranger things have happened, though.
PeteFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #15
Lerch

vCash: 2000000000000
Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

a nikki sixx or a dee snider would be great, but they got jobs.
Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote