Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > General Discussion > Sports

Notices

Sports Talk about everything athletic here. NFL, MLB, NHL, NASCAR (der der der), MMA, hell, even wrasslin if you're so inclined.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
Lerch

vCash: 2000000000000
Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute
Headphones Baseball Watching Thread

check out the history of baseball..

the origins of the game are fascinating.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/16/134570...-earliest-days

Used to be able to throw the ball at people to get them out, and gambling was rampant, and was the origin of the box scores.
Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
Lerch

Lerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond reputeLerch has a reputation beyond repute

Tampa Fans:

It’s no secret around here that I’m one of the few Manny fans left. I don’t buy half of the nonsense that drove Manny out of town. So he didn’t sprint down the line on every groundout? Watch Tek or some of the others…everybody takes an easy-out jog to first once in a while. And let’s be honest, sometimes guys like Youk and McCormick need a little “talking to.”

He may have found the perfect home in Tampa under the wacky “leadership” of Joe Maddon. I foresee a lot of great material coming out of Florida this season, and according to Danny Knobler, it is starting already.

“Let’s all be like Manny,” Maddon said. “He’s pretty good. He’s a Hall of Famer.”

So while Manny still has his dreadlocks, they compete on this team with bench coach Dave Martinez’s full beard, and with Evan Longoria’s mullet, and with Johnny Damon’s fauxhawk, and with whatever that is atop J.P. Howell’s head.

Maddon insists he’s going to grow his hair long, too.

“This offseason, I was going through some slides from 1978, and I had really long hair,” Maddon said. “Then I came here and saw Davey’s beard, and I thought in some subliminal way it was telling me this was the time to grow hair.”

So, in a way only Maddon can, he made it a team thing. He told everyone to grow hair or beards or whatever, and he told Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times that “I want us to be the hirsute club this year. I encourage the growth of follicles.”
Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
Lerch

Opening Day... Always good with a win by Cincinnati.. Bad with a win by the Yankees...
Old 04-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
Lerch

Anybody following the Barry Bonds trial?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
WadeJordan

vCash: 7495758
WadeJordan has a spectacular aura aboutWadeJordan has a spectacular aura aboutWadeJordan has a spectacular aura about

why is the only question i have about that trial, he is no longer in baseball, kind of pointless now
WadeJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
Lerch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeJordan View Post
why is the only question i have about that trial, he is no longer in baseball, kind of pointless now
I think the whole thing is a joke. Bonds lied to a fed. that's it. He is going to admit to being a 'dumb nigga', and the world will move on.

Fact is, he isn't the worst cheater of them all. Just the blackest since the black sox in 1919.

He still hit all those balls and those greedy owners built small parks.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
Anybody following the Barry Bonds trial?
oh yeah, I'm all over that shit

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
Lerch

Hey the Red Sox win a game, and oddly enough they beat the Yankees. I was real nervous when they played taps in memoriam to Lou Gorman. Talk about a jinx.

The Rays are in real trouble, 8 runs in 6 games. Ouch.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
1c

vCash: 15034102362677
1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tampa Fans:

It’s no secret around here that I’m one of the few Manny fans left. I don’t buy half of the nonsense that drove Manny out of town. So he didn’t sprint down the line on every groundout? Watch Tek or some of the others…everybody takes an easy-out jog to first once in a while. And let’s be honest, sometimes guys like Youk and McCormick need a little “talking to.”

He may have found the perfect home in Tampa under the wacky “leadership” of Joe Maddon. I foresee a lot of great material coming out of Florida this season, and according to Danny Knobler, it is starting already.

“Let’s all be like Manny,” Maddon said. “He’s pretty good. He’s a Hall of Famer.”

So while Manny still has his dreadlocks, they compete on this team with bench coach Dave Martinez’s full beard, and with Evan Longoria’s mullet, and with Johnny Damon’s fauxhawk, and with whatever that is atop J.P. Howell’s head.

Maddon insists he’s going to grow his hair long, too.

“This offseason, I was going through some slides from 1978, and I had really long hair,” Maddon said. “Then I came here and saw Davey’s beard, and I thought in some subliminal way it was telling me this was the time to grow hair.”

So, in a way only Maddon can, he made it a team thing. He told everyone to grow hair or beards or whatever, and he told Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times that “I want us to be the hirsute club this year. I encourage the growth of follicles.”
This, not so much
1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #10
1c

1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute1c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think the whole thing is a joke. Bonds lied to a fed. that's it. He is going to admit to being a 'dumb nigga', and the world will move on.

Fact is, he isn't the worst cheater of them all. Just the blackest since the black sox in 1919.

He still hit all those balls and those greedy owners built small parks.
Bond's is the best baseball player of our lifetime. Did he use? My guess is he did. The media and MLB sold Bonds out bigtime. MLB did a awful job of testing and loved Bonds while he was jacking baseballs out all over the country. JMHO
Old 04-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #11
Lerch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clarkpfl View Post
This, not so much
Something I found in a tampa paper, i should have posted the author. I bet he's getting ripped.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #12
1c

Quote:
Something I found in a tampa paper, i should have posted the author. I bet he's getting ripped.
Manny being Manny, dude has been selfish his whole carrer, teammates complained on him wherever he was. I'm not so upset that he used, he has and has been a great player. It's his awful attitude that makes me dislike him... Chipper Jones (my man) becomes the MLB active player with most game winning RBI's with 206 now that Manny bails...
Old 04-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #13
Lerch

any chance of seeing Knobbs at Fenway this week?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #14
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
any chance of seeing Knobbs at Fenway this week?
Bryan Knobbs?

COD
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #15
Lerch

Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Jack View Post
Bryan Knobbs?

He got thrown out of Fenway a couple years back..

He's having the last laugh now, the Red Sox can't buy a win. The Rays rolled em the night before last. beat again last night.

fucking bullshit.