Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #76
Drew Garabo
Host of Drew Garabo Live
No Avatar

vCash: 5000000
Drew Garabo is a jewel in the roughDrew Garabo is a jewel in the roughDrew Garabo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
I had the hours screwed up. He's on 9-11 pm. I thought he was on later and didn't step on BDRS time.

Levy is the man. I still miss Miserable Men before it all fell apart. That was such a good time on Sunday nights.
Why DID Miserable Men fall apart? I enjoyed that show more than I should have. Also, yeah, Das Racist broke up. Shame. They never got the success they deserved, IMHO. Thanks for the interaction.
Drew Garabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #77
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Garabo View Post
Why DID Miserable Men fall apart? I enjoyed that show more than I should have. Also, yeah, Das Racist broke up. Shame. They never got the success they deserved, IMHO. Thanks for the interaction.
It fell apart cause Bob was insane and Shuli was a... well a bit of a twat to be honest.

Bob got banned from the whole sirius building basically and pretty much thrown off sirius for some Stern related drama (all over getting his plugs in or something) and he threatened people and that basically caused the MM to START to fall apart.

They kept going after bob left but it wasn't the same and then shuli asked for more money to pay the tolls on his drive in and they basically said no, fuck you and cancelled the show.

sorry for the long winded answer. I hope I made no spelling mistakes.
SJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #78
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

also: mark byrnes was trying to have sex with half the female listeners (with a pretty good success rate I should add)
Old 09-25-2014, 08:13 PM   #79
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't the whole thing over some comment Bob made on Facebook that Shuli thought was about his kid or wife or both? Fuck, It was just a few years ago and I used to be able to keep my radio drama straight.

It's a shame. Bob was Bob. He's a riot and Shuli was great at steering the ship. It's a shame they didn't see in those guys what the listeners did and didn't give them an expanded role on 101 when they were more than willing to step up.

So it was a mixture of heat between Bob and Shuli and the fact Sabean kept dangling the carrot of replacing Bubba from 3-7 over them. And it's clear now that that was never in the cards and Stern never saw much in their show. And once Bob left Shuli just let the pressure get to him and lashed out.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #80
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Wasn't the whole thing over some comment Bob made on Facebook that Shuli thought was about his kid or wife or both? Fuck, It was just a few years ago and I used to be able to keep my radio drama straight.

It's a shame. Bob was Bob. He's a riot and Shuli was great at steering the ship. It's a shame they didn't see in those guys what the listeners did and didn't give them an expanded role on 101 when they were more than willing to step up.

So it was a mixture of heat between Bob and Shuli and the fact Sabean kept dangling the carrot of replacing Bubba from 3-7 over them. And it's clear now that that was never in the cards and Stern never saw much in their show. And once Bob left Shuli just let the pressure get to him and lashed out.
Bob says he was offered the Bubba slot

I remember someone making comments about kids and cancer... I think that was bob directed at shuli's family or something. Though I can't remember if that's why they fired bob or if that was after he was banned from the building cause no one stuck up for him or something.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #81
Drew Garabo
Host of Drew Garabo Live
No Avatar

Drew Garabo is a jewel in the roughDrew Garabo is a jewel in the roughDrew Garabo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
Bob says he was offered the Bubba slot

I remember someone making comments about kids and cancer... I think that was bob directed at shuli's family or something. Though I can't remember if that's why they fired bob or if that was after he was banned from the building cause no one stuck up for him or something.
Gotcha. I don't know how that all eluded me. I cannot stand Shuli. Spice tells me he's a really nice guy, and I believe him, but there is something about his on-air presence that I find beyond irksome (pot/kettle?). I appreciate the information.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #82
Ace
Resident promo cutter to various radio shows

Ace is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of light

Good to see my man making some what of a resurgence here.

Quote:
I say stupid shit
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:13 PM   #83
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Good to see my man making some what of a resurgence here.
thanks, it's good to be back
Old 09-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #84
Ace
Resident promo cutter to various radio shows

Ace is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of lightAce is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
thanks, it's good to be back

Quote:
I say stupid shit
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:36 AM   #85
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

I like Shuli on air, I know a good amount of people don't. But for a comedian he comes off thin skinned at times. Then again Stern fans are often quite harsh and being constantly told you suck can wear on a person.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:09 AM   #86
Drew Garabo
Host of Drew Garabo Live
No Avatar

Quote:
I like Shuli on air, I know a good amount of people don't. But for a comedian he comes off thin skinned at times. Then again Stern fans are often quite harsh and being constantly told you suck can wear on a person.
Quite true, especially with the Stern audience. I honestly can't pinpoint why I dislike Shuli on the show so much. He has one of those "I laugh at my own jokes" tones to his voice that I find repugnant. I know those guys all fight for air time, but every time he's in the studio he seems to shoehorn his comments in and try to dominate the conversation. Most recently, this happened during the Eric the Actor (RIP) tribute.

Then again, if I was a part of that team...I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. Anyhoo, nice to interact with y'all again. Have a great day.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #87
Ski Lo

vCash: 268304465
Ski Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quite true, especially with the Stern audience. I honestly can't pinpoint why I dislike Shuli on the show so much. He has one of those "I laugh at my own jokes" tones to his voice that I find repugnant. I know those guys all fight for air time, but every time he's in the studio he seems to shoehorn his comments in and try to dominate the conversation. Most recently, this happened during the Eric the Actor (RIP) tribute.

Then again, if I was a part of that team...I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. Anyhoo, nice to interact with y'all again. Have a great day.
Jealousy doesn't get you anywhere.....

YOU GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!
Ski Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #88
Drew Garabo
Host of Drew Garabo Live
No Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski Lo View Post
Jealousy doesn't get you anywhere.....
You're right. It doesn't. I'm far from jealous of Shuli Egar. I simply don't enjoy him on the show. If anyone, I'm jealous of Fred Norris. His sheer genius has made Howard's show the best radio show I've ever listened to for decades. Thanks for the life advice, though.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #89
Ski Lo

vCash: 268304465
Ski Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud ofSki Lo has much to be proud of

Quote:
You're right. It doesn't. I'm far from jealous of Shuli Egar. I simply don't enjoy him on the show. If anyone, I'm jealous of Fred Norris. His sheer genius has made Howard's show the best radio show I've ever listened to for decades. Thanks for the life advice, though.
You're welcome.

YOU GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!
Ski Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #90
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

Geo is pretty Fred-like with those caller clips. that cracks me up every time
PissJug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#LOD, buddy buddy buddy..., Drew Garabo, Geo, juggalos, Kayla, Kayla's 7-10 split, pit bulls, sexy smoker voice, touch on a couple of things, traffic updates, venomous puss