Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #76
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

decide to check out the 45 minute IO show and the fuck is out again. i'm fuckin done
Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #77
PissJug
aka Wyatt Privlij

vCash: 3450478513635
PissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond reputePissJug has a reputation beyond repute

all Bubba cares about are the AM listeners now
Old 04-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #78
FishMuskys
Venison King!

vCash: 100000000
FishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond repute

Gay gay gay. It always goes gay.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #79
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a pretty sight.

[SPLR]http://i.imgur.com/6gWpoez.jpg[/SPLR]

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #80
milkman
Rock Star

vCash: 11709682848235
milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, pretty fucked up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
nah milk's right.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #81
FishMuskys
Venison King!

FishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond reputeFishMuskys has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Shit! No wonder the bench reacted the way they did.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #82
milkman
Rock Star

milkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond reputemilkman has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that looks like it hurt a bit eh?

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #83
milkman
Rock Star

Anyone listen to the IO show? Shitty?

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #84
FishMuskys
Venison King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
Anyone listen to the IO show? Shitty?
I tried to. It was there. A little gay talk, little sports talk and that wraps it up. See ya tomorrow when we have...uh...something will be on.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #85
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambaylagoon View Post
Personally I think anything that encourages kids to pick up a book and read, is a good thing.
Yeah. Or else they end up writing like Sinister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
That's an excellent point too, to which I also agree. At the end of the day, Bubba's got to decide what he's happy with and just DO IT. I get the impression that he's got his hands in too many different pots. A man stretched too thin can't do much of anything well.
He needs to shit or get off the pot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty View Post
I don't disagree with you one bit Thanos, but my gut instinct tells me when the IO deal runs out in 2014, he holds on to FM and when that deal ends, he's done in radio. How long do you think St Louis AM radio works out for him? It was a good run for him, but let's face it, it's over IMO...
Didn't he say he already extended his IO contract to sync up with his FM contract? It was on the Bubba fan roundtable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
In reference to our current conversation, I spoke with Spice years ago when they first got the deal in Richmond (I used to live near there). I explained that they were going to have a tough time for a few reasons. First, the station that picked them up had a horrible signal. You could barely hear them in Richmond in some places, much less in the suburbs or out in the Central VA area. Second, the top dog morning radio jock was (and still is) Elliot Segal. He's at DC101, but they simulcast in Richmond on 102.1 the X (hate that fucking name, it was XL102 for ages). He puts on a great program and his fans are L-O-Y-A-L. I don't think Spice believed me, though.
People like to rag on Bubba for losing that market along with the others, but that was a bad move from the beginning. I knew in my mind it wouldn't last. From the shit signal you described, to the fact it was a younger trending modern rocker, to the fact Sledge, the guy that moved from mornings to afternoons was popular in his slot and teens listened to him on the way to school. And that isn't even considering Elliot.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #86
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Dayton was bad too. A bunch of old farts that flipped their shit without their classic rock.

Getting into what Thanos said, the market has changed. Unless you luck out like a Free Beer and Hot Wings or a Bob and Tom and have a company behind you to put you on a large number of stations, the type of show Bubba does is much tougher to sell these days.

It's clear Cox no longer has any faith in Bubba outside his home market. Instead of patching things up and kissing the necessary ass, Bubba goes after management, and has a contentious relationship with over half the rest of the home talk station's lineup. His in your face style is what we like about him, but for the guy that is always telling people to learn how to work, maybe he should listen to his own advice once in a while and be more of a team player.

Bubba's best shot was focusing on his internet brand and he clearly doesn't give a shit anymore. And Bubba thinks he can reclaim his glory days by going back to satellite radio. Well I can't give hard numbers, but from anecdotal evidence I can tell you plenty of the people that were into the Stern channels hardcore a few years back no longer give a shit. Getting on Sirius XM would no doubt be a good thing, but he needs to use it to push his internet brand, and if any of the Bubba One content shows up on Sirius, use that as incentive for potential advertisers. Sirius XM management has never valued Bubba and they never fucking will, nor will they pay him market value, nonetheless what he believes the show is worth. There is no "torch" for Stern to pass. A lot of his audience doesn't give a fuck about his show anymore, and give less of a fuck about Bubba. If he's lucky he'll get half of those 276,000 weekly listeners from 2007.

And for fuck's sake, PUSH PAID SUBS. If I were him I'd be pulling the bits off of iTunes and making them IO exclusive. But it's hard to do that when we haven't even gotten all the content we were promised as EE's. 98 Rock and Power Pig audio will probably never get up, and I don't know the status of the 2009 satellite Friday shows. Or the FM show from 2008, 2009, and 2010.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #87
Ulfric Stormcloak
Jarl Of Windhelm

vCash: 5000000
Ulfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond reputeUlfric Stormcloak has a reputation beyond repute

Super cool story Chob tell it again
Old 04-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #88
KayfabeDave
The Masked Midcarder

vCash: 5000000
KayfabeDave is on a distinguished road

sup?
Old 04-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #89
SJ
Secret Agent Boopity

vCash: 5845720
SJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond reputeSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayfabeDave View Post
sup?
Hey now and welcome

COD
Old 04-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #90
milkman
Rock Star

Mizornin!

Quote:
nah milk's right.
Closed Thread

Tags
102.5 The Bone, 103.1 The Blaze, 590 The Man, 96 K-Rock, 98 Rock, Brent Hatley, BTLS, Bubba Clem, bubba the love sponge, Hurricane Boner, Manson, NED, Nedley Mandingo, Radioio, radioio.com, Tara Clem