Raw Radio Talk  

Go Back   Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk > Raw Radio Talk Lounge

Notices

Raw Radio Talk Lounge Whether it be FM, AM or Streaming through the interwebs, discuss your shows here.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #31
Chob

vCash: 134285714
Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
His deal is up in a few weeks. I rarely listen, but I think final negotiations are behind his trip to NYC.
Hopefully Sirius won't find a way to fuck this...

Oh who am I kidding, that's always a likely possibility.
Chob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #32
DFender
Chaos = My Life = FML

vCash: 5000000
DFender will become famous soon enough

I thought the interview with Ellis would go well... but it's great to hear nevertheless. That whole Chyna gimmick was hilarious.

(608): imagine a blue Jetta with an ILLINOIS license plate that read JISLORD..... upon pondering it for 10 minutes I came to the conclusion that J stood for JESUS and IF the license plate had enough room it would read "Jesus Is Lord"
www.textsfromlastnight.com
DFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #33
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
Hopefully Sirius won't find a way to fuck this...

Oh who am I kidding, that's always a likely possibility.
There was some talk of him moving to The Virus. He wants to be on a talk channel.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #34
Chob

Chob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond reputeChob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What's up with CU?
Dobie went apeshit and pulled it down. It still exists on a temp domain until they can work shit out.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:18 AM   #35
Chob

Quote:
There was some talk of him moving to The Virus. He wants to be on a talk channel.
That would piss off so many hardcore listeners. Hell, that might force me to get Best of XM. Listening to Ron and Fez on Paltalk is an annoying procedure and I haven't found a Virus stream.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 AM   #36
kali
the tick under your skin

kali has a spectacular aura aboutkali has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
What's up with CU?
we are working on the server - we will let you guys know when to return

shouldn't take long

kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 AM   #37
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFender View Post
I thought the interview with Ellis would go well... but it's great to hear nevertheless. That whole Chyna gimmick was hilarious.
It's just that I thought Howard with his laid back personality wouldn't know quite how to take Ellis. But there's definite chemistry in the studio.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #38
Chob

The thing is, moving Ellis anywhere is stupid and bad for fans. If he ends up on a premium channel, either Virus or for argument's sake 101 (and Bubba would be moved), a segment of the audience loses him unless they pay up. Also, moving him off Faction would mean more commercials and no music.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:24 AM   #39
DFender
Chaos = My Life = FML

DFender will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chob View Post
The thing is, moving Ellis anywhere is stupid and bad for fans. If he ends up on a premium channel, either Virus or for argument's sake 101 (and Bubba would be moved), a segment of the audience loses him unless they pay up. Also, moving him off Faction would mean more commercials and no music.
I listen to Ellis sporadically... usually try to catch Bubba in the afternoons... tune Ellis in when Bubba's on re-replay or on Friday afternoons. I dig the guy's show. It'd be shitty for his hardcore fans if they hadta pony up cash.

(608): imagine a blue Jetta with an ILLINOIS license plate that read JISLORD..... upon pondering it for 10 minutes I came to the conclusion that J stood for JESUS and IF the license plate had enough room it would read "Jesus Is Lord"
www.textsfromlastnight.com
DFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #40
The Butler
Degenerate Member

vCash: 119951586365361
The Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond reputeThe Butler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It'd be shitty for his hardcore fans if they hadta pony up cash.

That's the way Mel works.

Solid hour segment for Jason. Good on ya'.

Member, National Sarcasm Society. Like we need your support.
The Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:28 AM   #41
Chob

Quote:
I listen to Ellis sporadically... usually try to catch Bubba in the afternoons... tune Ellis in when Bubba's on re-replay or on Friday afternoons. I dig the guy's show. It'd be shitty for his hardcore fans if they hadta pony up cash.
Yup. That's why I don't get why fans of him that are also Stern/202 fans want him on those channels. Nothing good comes of it. Hell imagine if Bubba had been on a music channel where there were no commercials and he played the music. Would any of us wanted him on a talk channel with the amount of commercials he had on Sirius up to this year?

Ellis has a great opportunity here with a good buzz about his show and the channel he's on. He's the reason a lot of people listen to Faction and a major part of that brand.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #42
Chob

Quote:
That's the way Mel works.

Solid hour segment for Jason. Good on ya'.
You have a point there.

"Hey this skateboarder is getting popular with the kids, let's stick him on the Virus and squeeze money out of his hardcore Sirius fans and sell our otherwise mediocre Best of XM package."
Old 06-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #43
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

stumpy is on a distinguished road

Great, great interview. He fucking brought it unlike the Hampton-ites they usually have on.
stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:33 AM   #44
Chob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
Great, great interview. He fucking brought it unlike most of the other Hampton-ites they've had on.
I'm surprised Booey managed to squeeze him in between Joan Rivers and Lisa Lampanelli appearances.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:35 AM   #45
stumpy
BWO 4 Life!

stumpy is on a distinguished road

Has Tommy Taylor been on?
stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Better than dead air... sorta, horrid cackle, Howard Stern, Manaconda