Raw Radio Talk

Raw Radio Talk (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Raw Radio Talk Lounge (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What do you want from radioIO? (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2699)

Chob 02-03-2012 06:57 PM

What do you want from radioIO?

Spice posted this on his Twitter account yesterday.

Quote:

Going over a few programming ideas...any suggestions on what the kick ass listeners want to hear on www.radioio.com ?
So this got me thinking, what do you fine folks on KingBubba.com want from radioIO? I mentioned weekend programming and got a replay that the goal would be to have live content 24/7 but there's budget concerns.

One other thing I think we could all agree on is better vacation programming. They have made an effort to take fewer full weeks off, but a best of or themed special would be cool if they manage to have it in the can in advance.

Fish had this idea which I like, despite not being a racing fan:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishMuskys (Post 408526)
I've got it! Capt. Thunder Live Saturday Nights from Bubba Raceway Park. With special guest host...Gene Lasker, when he's not crashin' someone into a wall. We'll have riveting interviews and behind the scenes action. Live Live Live!! With the creatures of crash, monsters of mash, and plenty of thrills, chills, and bonecrashin' spills....Thunder!!

A few things I'd personally like is the return of Tuddle's show, which apparently is likely to happen, and a wrestling themed show. (don't start Milk and Spaz) Also, fix the damn stream so it doesn't pause all the time going to/coming back from commercials.

What do you all want? New members or people that don't post much, feel free to chime in.

The Butler 02-03-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Going over a few programming ideas...any suggestions on what the kick ass listeners want to hear on www.radioio.com ?
A similar twat from Bubba started the whole Ludlow thing. Just sayin',

SJ 02-03-2012 07:14 PM

I think the content is pretty good on IO. There's a wide variety of shows. I'd like to see some live weekend shows and if they could get hootie to do a regular show I would mark out fucking hard forever. ;D

I'd also love to hear Robb Revere do a late night show after ledger... I'm pretty sure he mentioned it here about wanting to do a show. The internet goes all night long... with todays smart phones people can tune in wherever and whenever now.

I know Silky Milky is dying to do a show and for some reason I'd really like to hear him and Al Kida do a show even if it was a one time deal. Sometimes those random 1 shot deals are completely fucked but bring some great content.

SJ 02-03-2012 07:18 PM

Oh and please bring back Tuddle on friday nights... that shit was golden.

Ulfric Stormcloak 02-04-2012 12:31 AM

Id say some weekend programming would be great the stuff they got during the week is already awesome theirs not many shows i dont like. Gota agree with tuddle show coming back and some specials kinda like howard does would be fucking awsome to (fight week. best of ned, best of parodies special, maybe even a music special) I understand some might call it a rip off of what howard does but bubba said it himself the concept howard put together works there is no reason not to use it.

Tuddle 02-04-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sinister (Post 409128)
Id say some weekend programming would be great the stuff they got during the week is already awesome theirs not many shows i dont like. Gota agree with tuddle show coming back and some specials kinda like howard does would be fucking awsome to (fight week. best of ned, best of parodies special, maybe even a music special) I understand some might call it a rip off of what howard does but bubba said it himself the concept howard put together works there is no reason not to use it.

At one of my old stations that I use to work at, they would use the overnights like a farm system that they would use to groom new talent. Would there be an audience for overnights because the calls would be kind of thin.

Chob 02-04-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuddle (Post 409228)
At one of my old stations that I use to work at, they would use the overnights like a farm system that they would use to groom new talent. Would there be an audience for overnights because the calls would be kind of thin.

That's a good idea. Back in the early days of Howard 101 the gave a local radio guy/comedian by the name of Sean Mulrooney a test show at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday a few times. He didn't stick around and eventually did a morning show here with another guy that was pretty good for a local morning show. The station eventually flipped to a FM simulcast of a big news/talk station which makes me wonder what he's doing now. That's beside the point, but that's the kind of experimental style of programming that I had been missing from Sirius XM until radioIO's Bubba channels came along.

The only problem was back then they weren't terribly good at promoting these test shows beforehand, and I'm not going to get into a rant about the state of Howard 101, but they seem to have settled on wackpackers and peripheral Stern characters instead of scouting new talent. Spice has a great ear for radio and busting his ass with significantly less resources than the corporate juggernaut that is Sirius XM. And the on air guys know how to promote upcoming shows.

NeTaS 02-04-2012 06:15 PM

Gotta agree with Tuddle coming back also the specials thing is a great Idea maybe just a step up from a best off deff needs to be pre produced,a live weekend show sounds pretty good also,I kinda could get into a wrestling or racing show too.

SJ 02-04-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeTaS (Post 409256)
Gotta agree with Tuddle coming back also the specials thing is a great Idea maybe just a step up from a best off deff needs to be pre produced,a live weekend show sounds pretty good also,I kinda could get into a wrestling or racing show too.

that's 3 votes for a wrestling show!

They got an MMA show.... why not a wrestling one?

Cover all the promotions and don't play favorites... it would be a good show with hootie hosting and someone else co-hosting and helping to direct traffic

SJ 02-04-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuddle (Post 409228)

the calls might not be so thin if IO put forth a good effort to really advertise the overnight show and give it time to grow an audience.

I mean if they can get someone willing to do it for nothing - what's the worst that can happen? They get some more content for the archives in the long run...

The only thing I can see that would be bad is if they did the overnight show but didn't give it at least a month to find it's legs.

RadioIO still growing and finding it's niche - there's no harm in cancelling shit that doesn't work, but don't be quick on the draw on new shows cause look how long it took for seinfeld to get popular... and it turned out to be huuuuuuge

Chob 02-04-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJ (Post 409257)
that's 3 votes for a wrestling show!

They got an MMA show.... why not a wrestling one?

Cover all the promotions and don't play favorites... it would be a good show with hootie hosting and someone else co-hosting and helping to direct traffic

I'd prefer the Hogan show to be separate. Plus if we wait for Hogan, that fucking show will never happen. :lol:

SJ 02-04-2012 06:22 PM

Oh and If tuddle does come back - I'd like to hear maybe a guest every couple weeks in to talk about video games and what's new with the gaming world.

You can't be a geek if you don't play video games :lol:

SJ 02-04-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chob (Post 409261)
I'd prefer the Hogan show to be separate. Plus if we wait for Hogan, that fucking show will never happen. :lol:

yeah but the question becomes "who the fuck hosts it"

cause hootie is as big of a draw as you can get... I mean dave meltzer is a fat loudmouth know it all and I grew sick of his bullshit when he was still a local hack.

I mean FCW is right there but that would mean you couldn't talk TNA or ROH cause vince would stroke out...

Chob 02-04-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJ (Post 409263)
yeah but the question becomes "who the fuck hosts it"

cause hootie is as big of a draw as you can get... I mean dave meltzer is a fat loudmouth know it all and I grew sick of his bullshit when he was still a local hack.

I mean FCW is right there but that would mean you couldn't talk TNA or ROH cause vince would stroke out...

You said "don't play favorites." Hogan works for TNA and couldn't be impartial. The guy that hosted The Shoot was good, but I think Bubba blocked him and lost him as a listener. :lol:

Ulfric Stormcloak 02-04-2012 06:32 PM

id be down with a wrestling show especially if hogan was the host