Raw Radio Talk

Raw Radio Talk (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Raw Radio Talk Lounge (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bubba the Love Sponge Thread (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7524)

The Butler 03-09-2017 07:02 AM

Morning marks.

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 03-09-2017 07:54 AM

Bubba - "A lot of our deal now is based on advertising."

There ya go, if there were any doubts his new deal is a barter willy, there aren't anymore.

roblas77 03-09-2017 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty (Post 1386717)
Bubba - "A lot of our deal now is based on advertising."

There ya go, if there were any doubts his new deal is a barter willy, there aren't anymore.

This makes more sense now. Nearly the entire 8-9am hour was nothing but ads... be it commercials or during the show... absolutely nothing but ads.

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 03-09-2017 08:32 AM

I don't think anyone ever answered this, but is 820am a Neilsen subscriber?

NeTaS 03-09-2017 08:36 AM

Looks like Genesis Broadcasting is providing a new flagship for Bubba, on 820 AM.

I guess Nielsen won't be an issue, as WWBA doesn't subscribe.

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 03-09-2017 08:38 AM

Re-read the original Xanax Steve email Bubba, you're completely wrong on this one.

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 03-09-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeTaS (Post 1386723)
Looks like Genesis Broadcasting is providing a new flagship for Bubba, on 820 AM.

I guess Nielsen won't be an issue, as WWBA doesn't subscribe.

I thought that was the case, thanks Netas.:brofist:

Amigo 03-09-2017 08:38 AM

Anyone, what is the barter system?

Is it bad?

:bigthink:

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 03-09-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigo (Post 1386726)
Anyone, what is the barter system?

Is it bad?

:bigthink:

Here's a good explanation...
"Here’s how a barter deal works: To launch the show, Limbaugh’s syndicator, Premiere Radio Networks [then EFM] — the same folks who syndicate wingnut du jour Glen Beck — gave Limbaugh’s three hours away — that’s right, no cash — to local radio stations, mostly in medium and smaller markets, back in the early 1990’s.

So, a local talk station got Rush’s show for zilch. In exchange, Premiere took for itself much of the local station’s available advertising time (roughly 15 minutes an hour) and packed the show with national ads it had already pre-sold."

So basically Bubba gives 820 the show for free and only makes money on the ads he sells.

Amigo 03-09-2017 08:50 AM

Doesn't seem like a bad system...

The Butler 03-09-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty (Post 1386728)
Here's a good explanation...
"Here’s how a barter deal works: To launch the show, Limbaugh’s syndicator, Premiere Radio Networks [then EFM] — the same folks who syndicate wingnut du jour Glen Beck — gave Limbaugh’s three hours away — that’s right, no cash — to local radio stations, mostly in medium and smaller markets, back in the early 1990’s.

So, a local talk station got Rush’s show for zilch. In exchange, Premiere took for itself much of the local station’s available advertising time (roughly 15 minutes an hour) and packed the show with national ads it had already pre-sold."

So basically Bubba gives 820 the show for free and only makes money on the ads he sells.

It sounds more like Bubba is getting a % of advertising instead of a true barter like you described. The BRN would need a sales staff which they don't have. But Bubba bringing in the Elder, Stepps and Blue Apron $$ helps.

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 03-09-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Butler (Post 1386730)
It sounds more like Bubba is getting a % of advertising instead of a true barter like you described. The BRN would need a sales staff which they don't have. But Bubba bringing in the Elder, Stepps and Blue Apron $$ helps.

Fair enough :brofist:, but I think we can all agree it is a major step down compared to what he is used to revenue wise.

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 03-09-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigo (Post 1386729)
Doesn't seem like a bad system...

If it were me, I'd want the guaranteed paycheck via a contract. I know he used to give Shannon shit when he was on the barter system before he came to IO...

Chob 03-09-2017 09:11 AM

So if they don't subscribe, what data do they have to show to potential advertisers?

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 03-09-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chob (Post 1386733)
So if they don't subscribe, what data do they have to show to potential advertisers?

Excellent question :brofist:

I guess they could always go with the tried and true "So ad person, how many times did we hear 'Bubba sent us/Bubba Army!!' last month?" and go with that. :rofl: