Raw Radio Talk

Raw Radio Talk (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thread Archive (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Weekly Listening Thread for June 29-July 3 (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157)

Chob 06-29-2009 02:15 PM

Weekend starts Thursday. Aw, that means there's no Friday Sirius show for people to complain about. :lol:

Chob 06-29-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFender (Post 18138)
Damn. Bubba AND Howard on vacation the same damn week? That blows. Assholes. All of 'em. LOL.

Well, Bubba planned his vacations around Howard's for three years. I'll cut him some slack on this one. :lol:

The Butler 06-29-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chob (Post 18139)
Weekend starts Thursday. Aw, that means there's no Friday Sirius show for people to complain about. :lol:

2 out of 3 Fridays. Make it off 3 of 4 with the following week.

DFender 06-29-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chob (Post 18140)
Well, Bubba planned his vacations around Howard's for three years. I'll cut him some slack on this one. :lol:

You do that, I'll whine and stomp my feet and wear myownself out. Outta 52 weeks they hafta be gone the same damn one? :p

Chob 06-29-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Butler (Post 18141)
2 out of 3 Fridays. Make it off 3 of 4 with the following week.

Hey. People feel he's mailing it in on Fridays and liked the old shows better, might as well give the people what they want. :jj:

I'll try and catch Best Of on FM depending on what they air.

DFender 06-29-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chob (Post 18143)
Hey. People feel he's mailing it in on Fridays and liked the old shows better, might as well give the people what they want. :jj:

I'll try and catch Best Of on FM depending on what they air.

Other than the language and the fact that I listen "live" I don't see a difference in the FM & Sirius shows... which is also fine with me... I like the show regardless of where it's airing. Would be nice if it was ON though... LOL. *whine*

Chob 06-29-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFender (Post 18144)
Other than the language and the fact that I listen "live" I don't see a difference in the FM & Sirius shows... which is also fine with me... I like the show regardless of where it's airing. Would be nice if it was ON though... LOL. *whine*

I think it would be nice if it was LIVE. But that might just be me. :jj: I think knowing the show was heard live across the nation would make the show better and less regional which is a complaint many people have. There would also be more of a connection with the satellite listeners. I loved the Howard connection but it no longer makes sense to me to have this show on 101.

The Butler 06-29-2009 02:33 PM

This back to back commercial thing is getting annoying.

Chob 06-29-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Butler (Post 18146)
This back to back commercial thing is getting annoying.

It sucks. And the FM affiliates are pressuring him to break earlier. Didn't he say one of them wanted him to stop right at 10:00? Good luck with that.

DFender 06-29-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chob (Post 18145)
I think it would be nice if it was LIVE. But that might just be me. :jj: I think knowing the show was heard live across the nation would make the show better and less regional which is a complaint many people have. There would also be more of a connection with the satellite listeners. I loved the Howard connection but it no longer makes sense to me to have this show on 101.

I agree with all that and was just trying to get the point across that I don't understand what all the bitching is about "mailing in" the Friday satellite show. Doesn't seem all that different to me. The local stuff? Meh. Some of it's interesting.
...from the department of redudancy department.

DFender 06-29-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chob (Post 18147)
It sucks. And the FM affiliates are pressuring him to break earlier. Didn't he say one of them wanted him to stop right at 10:00? Good luck with that.

A hard stop on FM? Hah. Good luck is right.

The Butler 06-29-2009 02:39 PM

The dirt is already coming out about The Gloved One. His ex wife said he wasn't the father of his two kids.

DFender 06-29-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Butler (Post 18150)
The dirt is already coming out about The Gloved One. His ex wife said he wasn't the father of his two kids.

Like Kat Williams said something about actually picturing Jackson fuckin' a chick? LOL. Doesn't seem possible. And how do a black guy and a white chick make two white kids? LOL

Kat Williams is annoying as fuck... but his take on Michael Jackson was hilarious.

Chob 06-29-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFender (Post 18148)
I agree with all that and was just trying to get the point across that I don't understand what all the bitching is about "mailing in" the Friday satellite show.

It's the hype behind it, and the already pissed off listeners that make it so no Friday show lives up to expectations.

I wonder if Breuer has to put up with that shit since he actually only does one day a week.

Chob 06-29-2009 02:44 PM

I said it. I knew the FM audience would be sensitive towards the MJ bashing.