Raw Radio Talk

Raw Radio Talk (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Raw Radio Talk Lounge (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bubba the Love Sponge Thread (http://www.rawradiotalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7524)

Chob 01-04-2018 06:47 PM

If Frank feels like moving up here, I know of an open position for him.

And I'm only half joking. :jj: I wish him the best and hopefully he ends up somewhere with competent people in charge.

Chob 01-04-2018 07:05 PM

I know I'm a broken record on this, but I can't help but wonder how serious the talks with iheart were.

Not only could Bubba have had his uncensored channel on there, and he really could've developed his online presence with people with the know how and massive reach iheart have, but tying into his recent woes, he'd have a lot more engineering support and might not even have to pay out of pocket for it.

Now I get why, going back to the Sirius days, he has his own studio removed from any of his employers/affiliates. But I think, if he was able to find a company to put him on FM radio in Tampa and believe in him again, it would benefit him greatly to do the show in house. He could cut costs big time, salvage what he could use from the current studio, sell off what he can't use equipment wise, sell the actual building and work on being a team player and avoid the politics of what caused his issues with other people at Cox.

It would be a humbling experience for him, but if said theoretical radio company gave him a chance, I think it would help him cut out some distractions and bullshit and focus on rebuilding his brand.

NeTaS 01-05-2018 06:06 AM

Is this a live show?

Amigo 01-05-2018 06:26 AM

Yes, it's live.

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 01-05-2018 06:38 AM

See Amigo, perfect example right there. This guy sends them info on how to be successful in podcasting and of course Bubba blows him off, then realizes he's probably right and tries to get the guy to do all the work and then maybe pay him after the fact. That's one of the reasons why he's done. Once again, it's not rocket science here folks. You don't pay your people and this is what happens. Bubba the days of radio interns and others working for free are for the most part done.

Amigo 01-05-2018 06:43 AM

So, Cap, you're saying that the situation is hopeless for ole Bubba?

milkman 01-05-2018 06:45 AM

hahaha Peaches shit all over the BRN...literally! :lol:

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 01-05-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigo (Post 1465122)
So, Cap, you're saying that the situation is hopeless for ole Bubba?

I think we can all agree he's been dead in the water for years now, getting by on name recognition alone.

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 01-05-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 1465124)
hahaha Peaches shit all over the BRN...literally! :lol:

:bigclap:

Amigo 01-05-2018 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt. Mcgillicutty (Post 1465125)
I think we can all agree he's been dead in the water for years now, getting by on name recognition alone.

The prognosis is not good.

Bubba needs another hog deal...

Cpt. Mcgillicutty 01-05-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigo (Post 1465127)
The prognosis is not good.

Bubba needs another hog deal...

Unfortunately this upcoming Neilsen case will not yield the same results as the hog deal, if anything it will probably hasten his exit out of radio. I know Fish thinks he will be exonerated but he already admitted guilt on live TV, during a press conference he set up. He's also already tried to settle (which to me also shows guilt in this case) with them and they said no. This one is not gonna end well for the Sponge. I'll bet my entire v-cash fortune on it.:lol:

FishMuskys 01-05-2018 07:18 AM

He did cheat. But much like a cop giving you a joint and then arresting you for possession...he was set up.

FishMuskys 01-05-2018 07:20 AM

:lol:

The Butler 01-05-2018 07:20 AM

Happy Friday ev'rybody!

FishMuskys 01-05-2018 07:21 AM

Any Frank update?