PDA

View Full Version : Your novel

Spaz
12-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Sup people,had an idea for a thread if your interested
the deal is a novel wrote by the posters . with each post a continuation of the previous post/s
its all up to you . thats the twist .
ok i got some cast to start with and a basic idea ..

main character is named Gunner Downs ...works for Clementine biotechnology
next is his Love interest.....Tiara Rose
then Cliff Steel also Clementine biotechnology

then there's the enemies or rivals
Russian agent Sheila Rochakocov
Dutch Coats and Cluth Pressmen along with Penny Spreatzer they all work for APEX weapon systems development.
i see murder,espionage,and maybe a who dunnit....is there a cure ?is it a new bio-weapon ?
well there is a basic view of who some characters are and with where they work who knows where this can go ?any how give it a try or not.
Remember you can add new people anytime ..

SJ
12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Prologue:

Rain was beating down on the roof. It had been raining forever it seemed. Gunner Downs hated the sound it made against the cold steel of the roof. He hated the way it soaked into him and seemed to coat his feelings. He didn't know why he, at 34, was sitting crouched behind a barrel, in a seemingly abandoned warehouse. Where the fuck was his contact.
He also didn't know why he was the one they chose to train to be the expert he had become, or who they even really were. Corporations were just shells built upon shells, and levels upon levels of people playing games with each other. Games that sometimes found one player dead, floating in the Blackside River. Clementine BioTech was no different then any of the rest and everyone needs an occupation.

Something stirred at the far end of the building, echoing off the emptiness. Gunner strained his eyes and ears trying to pinpoint the source. He wanted to make sure his contact was alone and was going to play nice. He knew the sound came from in front of him, but wondered why there was a sudden cool breeze against the back of his head.

The board that smashed into Gunner's head splintered as it made contact. The sound almost deafening loud in his ears. His body slumped forward on the floor.

The only thing Gunner remembered when he woke up in a sticky pile of his own blood, was the sound of that board splintering, and the smell of Sheila Rochakocov's distinctive Russian perfume.

Mugsy
12-02-2009, 03:08 PM
6 Months Earlier

Gunner was driving through the South American jungle. "How do I get myself into these messes", he ponders to himself. The ragged jeep can't outrun the Hummers of the drug cartel.
He was just supposed to visit a little village, and research the witch doctor's seemingly amazing cure for Ebola. The six armed men that came to the village weren't supposed to be there. He hated killing them all, but it was self defense; not to mention saving the lives of the poor villagers. All this headache for a cure that didn't even exist.
A bullet whizzes past his head, bringing his mind back to the trouble at hand. "I hope Juan is at the rendezvous point" he thinks to himself, as he takes a sharp turn along the old burrow path. Suddenly his SAT phone rings.

Mugsy
12-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Sorry, i have no writing skills.

SJ
12-02-2009, 05:16 PM
lmao - you just prologued my prologue?

:lol:

also - who called him on the phone? and how do we get back from 6 years in the past?

:jj:

Spaz
12-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Gunner rubs his head as he staggers towards his car "holy fuck . what just happened ?" Sniffing the air he pats his clothes for his keys and phone "great i show up to meet a lady,and end up with a split skull,a stolen phone,and no keys but who ever hit me sure smelled nice." As he picks up a rock and smashes the window ,reaches in and pops the trunk "Good thing i kept that sat phone from that trip to south america" Dials the phone and reaches for a towel .
"Hey Cliff,it's me Gunner listen im at the docks
warehouse #13 something went wrong get here quick " Falls to the ground .......

Car comes screeching up to where Gunner is laying ,Cliff opens door "Gunner what the fuck happened?" As he grabs him and puts him in the car " Are you ok ?" As he starts the car and speeds away....

Spaz
12-02-2009, 06:34 PM
i got no writing skills to ...:D

SJ
12-02-2009, 07:45 PM
-Meanwhile-

Dutch Coats had no patience. He couldn't stand waiting in lines and often just shoved people out of his way to get to the front. Apex was a company that liked that way of forward thinking and swiftly rewarded him with 3 promotions when all of his superiors had suddenly met an ill demise while vacationing in Dutch's 4000 Acre Ranch. Today was no different and he wanted his problem out of the way and it made his skin itch to not be able to do it himself this time.

He was pacing the floor of his 84th story suite and wearing a path in the carpet. Sheila should have called by now and it wasn't like her to be behind schedule.

Project Falconpunch had to be protected and not even the slightest whiff of it's true intentions could be afforded to be leaked.

His cell phone vibrated and chimed one the coffee table. It startled him from his pacing and he darted for it.

"Tell me good things..."
"Downs' contact has been downed and so was Downs himself" Sheila informed Dutch.
"I told you not to waste time and alert him." Dutch cursed her under his breath "Your petty vendetta's could cost us this project. We Can't afford that." He hung up the phone and threw it on the chair in disgust.

If Gunner found out what was going on this time, it would mean the end of Apex, and Dutch's life.